Hello, Again......

F

Fenlander

Hi folks. I have been a member of this forum for a long time now but life gets in the way occasionally and it must be over a year since I was last on. After quite a break from modelling, I am trying to get back into this great hobby.

Fortunately, when I 'retired' I bagged up my stash and put it into storage. Although I have dabbled a bit over the last year or so, I have done nothing serious as I just couldn't get into the swing of things. Well, it's time to take another run at it and give it my best shot.

On the bench is a 1/35 MiniArt Valentine under construction

image_23.jpe

I also have a Tamiya 1/48 Tiger awaiting weathering and a Hobby Boss KV-1 decaled and glossed up ready for some weathering attention.

image_22.jpe

image_16.jpe

Project for the new year is a Zvezda BT-7 with Eduard photo etch and Bronco tracks

image_21.jpe

Armour is still my favourite subject but I will build anything that takes my fancy. Although, as Ron will confirm, I am no good at dioramas and, despite his best efforts to get me started, I have yet to make a proper diorama.

So that's it! I hope I can contribute to the forum in the coming months and keep the interest going again. 2016 will see huge changes in my life, one being my retirement in about five months time. So I am starting to plan my future now.

Looking forward to getting re acquainted with older members who may remember me and meeting the new folks and getting to know them.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
'bout time you came back, you old scroat!

It's great to see you posting again Graham, sharing your excellent knowledge and skills once more on here.

Welcome back and time to get the diorama hat fixed on your head!

Ron

D

dubster72

Great to see you back in harness Graham! Gosh it's been a while ;)

Looking forward to seeing the Valentine come together & KV-1 looks rather nice!

Cheers

Patrick

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice to see you back Graham. The last one I can remeber you posting the dog chewed it up, I hope the ones you've started ( and there looking good by the way ) fair better.

F

Fenlander

Thanks guys. Good grief, I had forgotten about the dog chewing incidents!!!! Yep, a Dragon 25lbr and a 'paper panzer' cannot remember the name now.... oh how I did laugh........

I have an idea for a diorama Ron. I have a Churchill Crocodile on order and I fancy a little scene of it passing a bit of a ruin with a few infantry in support a few days post D-Day. I already have s MiniArt building for it (us lesser mortals don't build buildings from scratch) so it may be on the cards :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Graham, long time no see! Welcome back. Seen any Santas to drool over recently?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Welcome back Graham! Its been ages but the forum is much the same , still a great place to come to. Looking forwatd to the dozens of doiramas coming our way now that youre gping to be retired and have loads of free time !! cheers tony

F

Fenlander

Don't know about dozens of dioramas Tony lol. Will have a go though :smiling3:

Dave! Drooling over Santa..... Sounds worse than it was.... Or does it?

My word but that was a while ago at Hinckley or was it Coventry? But it was a gorgeous Santa :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Don't know about dozens of dioramas Tony lol. Will have a go though :smiling3:
Dave! Drooling over Santa..... Sounds worse than it was.... Or does it?

My word but that was a while ago at Hinckley or was it Coventry? But it was a gorgeous Santa :smiling3:
You did remember then! Fairly sure it was at Hinckley and you posted pictures on here - probably too far back in history to find them. But you're right - she was drop dead gorgeous!

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Good to have you back Graham, I was surprised to see an order from you today, it's been a while

F

Fenlander

It certainly has been a while John hope you are well :smiling3:

I think it was Hinckley Dave, happy days ;)