Hello from Darlington

ColinW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hi
Iv been into modeling on and off most of my life, but nothing serious, and never actually finished anything.
My renewed interest resulted in me finding this forum and liking how it looks so registered.
Only problem is I used my full second name not realising this was going to be my forum name.
Looking forward to being able to show you all a finished model sometime, and learning from you all too.

ColinW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I can't seem to get rid of this black box wanting me to upgrade, id there way to please?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Colin and Welcome to the forum. Glad you liked it enough that it got the interest to build going again.

Getting rid of the black box: Become a Supporter. this is done by following the instructions in the message. Basically pay the very modest £10 annual subscription and not only will you get full access to the whole of the site, but also be able to post photos.
If you need your name changed we can sort that for you if you so wish.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELCOME Windy to the forum a what models do you like to build ?
chrisb

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi bud, good of you to join us ;) . I think we already have a Windy, though I’ve not seen him in a while.

ColinW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hi , I'm normally a miniature painter, but I like a few themes. Classic ships, sci fi, though I'm just starting to think about aircraft too. A bit of everything really, even cars to a certain degree. Iv been working on 1/16 figures recently.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Welcome to the forum Colin, I like a couple of others on here paint miniatures. I would recommend upgrading your membership to full so we can see your work. There's also a discount for us to but from the shop.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi
Iv been into modeling on and off most of my life, but nothing serious, and never actually finished anything.
My renewed interest resulted in me finding this forum and liking how it looks so registered.
Only problem is I used my full second name not realising this was going to be my forum name.
Looking forward to being able to show you all a finished model sometime, and learning from you all too.
Do not worry, I thought it was a shortened version of Wenslydale or something similar.
By the way welcome to the forum.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Welcome Colin - whatever you choose to call yourself!
It does your modelling skills a lot of good to change genres, and try something new! 1/16 is the smallest I'll go with stand alone figures & in nearly 60 years of modelmaking, I've only made one SF model ( and that was for a mates' kid ).............
Dave

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As Tim said we have a Windy already, He was looking in as recently as yesterday evening.
How about ColinW?