Hello from Malaysia

First Name
Khairul
Hi everyone,

My name is Khairul and I'm a 51 year old Malaysian who is giving scale modelling a try. I had played with plastic models as a kid but I was terrible with them: glue and paint everywhere! I decided to try scale modelling as it was always something I wanted to get into properly, and I also wanted a hobby that would be challenging and fun but not cost the earth. I have a bit of a sight issue as my retinas detached due to high blood pressure and might is slightly impaired but I'm hoping to overcome this with a large hands-free magnifying glass. Time will tell how well this goes.

Looking forward to being a contributing member of this forum and getting advice from others.

Regards,

Khairul

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Khairul. Welcome to a very supportive, friendly forum. Scale modelling is a great hobby and can be as cheap or expensive as you like.

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Hi and welcome
This is a wonderful site, respectful and encouraging, as a whole we're of all abilities and....all of us, still learning
Enjoy
Nick

Last edited:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Khairul,
welcome to the forum. Poor eyesight isn't a problem, one of our respected members manages with one!
What's your area of interest, and have you anything on the bench at the moment?
Dave

First Name
Khairul
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

My current interest is in civilian vehicles (cars and motorcycles) focusing (for now, at least) on those I lusted after as a young man. My first attempt is going to be Tamiya's 1/12th scale XV1000.

Right now I'm browsing the forums to pick up some tips and tricks to hopefully make this first build a success. I'm also making sure I have all the necessary tools at hand so I don't have to pause the build while waiting on supplies.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Khairul, and Welcome. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have to ensure you don't miss something you might need for that first build.......there are many experienced modelers here to help with that sort of thing. Also John has a terrific shop here on the forum which may have many of the items you are looking for. Good luck with your first build, and by all means start a build thread on it so we can follow along. :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Apa khabar, Khairul...is a greeting phrase I seldom hear now replaced with the Arabic Asallahmualaikum but it's still hello from me.
Great forum you've joined, all types of modellers from beginners to some terror sifus who are down to earth and will readily share their hobby experiences...even the bad ones. :smiling2:
Asal dari mana u? I'm from PJ.

Cheers,
Richard