Hello hello

First Name
Lloyd
Hi All, names Lloyd, have taken up model building again since the last one I did was about 30 years ago, have ordered some items to kick start my building and am looking to build 1 model per month moving forward, looking forward to seeing what everyone else is building.

Live in Tamworth

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome aboard Lloyd..... Yours is a very familiar story to many of us, myself included.

Don't be afraid to ask questions or post blogs of your builds

ATB.

Andrew

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome to the circus Lloyd.....I hope you enjoy your monthly builds and will post them up on a build thread.....just have fun and don't worry too much about how long it takes. :thumb2: Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Lloyd
A warm welcome to a great forum. We pride ourselves on being friendly, helpful and non judgemental.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Lloyd
A warm welcome to a great forum. We pride ourselves on being friendly, helpful and non judgemental.
Jim
We'll said Jim!!!!.

Although you missed out the all important.... some do though have an unhealthy obsession with fire !! ;)

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Lloyd,
welcome to the forum. What's your area of interest? No matter what it is, you'll find like minded people here.
Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hello hello and welcome welcome to the forum Lloyd. A kit once a month is a good start until you see the amount of detail these things come in now with extras outside the box and that smell of smoke that comes out of the pocket where your wallet used to be.
We enjoy every bit of it especially when trying to sneak in the latest purchase pass SWMBO.

Looking forward to see how you progress in this circus. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
@Dave Ward in my youth it was mostly fighter jets, now my interest is more in large scale vintage ships I would say, yours?
Lloyd,
I've had a go at most genres, except Sci-Fi and fantasy - I'd get bored sticking to one subject
Vintage ships? Sailing Ships? or.............
DSCF1741.JPG
That's the Zvezda 1/350 Knyaz Suvorov - waterlined with a seascape base - a year or so ago.........
Dave

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Lloyd,
It's a warm welcome to the asylum from me as well, look forward to seeing you about.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
@Dave Ward - looks brilliant, to answer the question, sailing ships for me.
I've got one that's long in the tooth or stuck in the butt called the USS Constipation and it's at this stage...

USS0023.jpg

Been at it for more than 30 years off and on...I think it's the rigging that's delaying the process.

Cheers,
Richard