Hello members

First Name
Zachary
Hello all, I have never gone to a forum before, so I don't really know what to say except that I am from the United States and I build models in my free time from college and work. I have been building plastic models for 8-ish years now, and recently I started using an airbrush to paint.

Most of the models I build are in 1/32, 1/48, and 1/72 scales; the most recent models have been helicopters in 1/72 scale, which I am proud of. I started building model tanks in 1/48 scale and then moved on to aircraft in all three scales previously mentioned. The first model that I remember was a very small USS Arizona I built with my dad when I was very young and later a decent size B-17, but I really started building myself when I was around 13.

My workspace is a tiny foldable table and a small tray to hold tools, all in front of a window to expel the fumes from paint and glue.

As I said, I don't really know what to type so that's just a summary of my experience in modeling.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome aboard Zac. Hope that you enjoy it here.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome Zac! Would be good to see some of your work.

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
A warm welcome to a great forum. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Welcome Zach whereabouts in the USA are you living? You've picked a good, friendly, and knowledgeable forum to join - good call!
Steve

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome Zac. Have a look around and enjoy yourself. Post your work when you can because we’d love to see it.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Zachary,
welcome to the forum, working in a restricted area is good, you should be able to keep things tidy! The more space you have, the more things expand to fill it!
The forum is a place to chat, ask advice, pick up new techniques and tips - and see what other modellers are doing - the whole range from absolute beginners to prize winning experts. All genres of modelling appear on the forum. There's no pressure, no criticism, only friendly banter.
What do you have on your table at the moment?
Dave

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
..... and it's a warm welcome from me too Zac...
I look forward to seeing you around the site :smiling3:
Andy

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Zac

Welcome abroad, very wise decision!!

Bob

First Name
Zachary
Zachary,
welcome to the forum, working in a restricted area is good, you should be able to keep things tidy! The more space you have, the more things expand to fill it!
The forum is a place to chat, ask advice, pick up new techniques and tips - and see what other modellers are doing - the whole range from absolute beginners to prize winning experts. All genres of modelling appear on the forum. There's no pressure, no criticism, only friendly banter.
What do you have on your table at the moment?
Dave
Right now I am building the 1/72 scale Revell MH-47E Chinook in US colors. So far it is going good as I started using putty to hide big cracks. Up next will be a quick Academy 1/48 A6M3 Zero model.

First Name
Zachary
Welcome Zach whereabouts in the USA are you living? You've picked a good, friendly, and knowledgeable forum to join - good call!
Steve
I've been all over the USA and also lived outside the country in Guam when I was younger. Right now I live in the mid-south area (Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky, Alabama, and North Carolina), and away from the big cities so the nearest model store is about 50 minutes away.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've been all over the USA and also lived outside the country in Guam when I was younger. Right now I live in the mid-south area (Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky, Alabama, and North Carolina), and away from the big cities so the nearest model store is about 50 minutes away.
Service brat?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Zach and Welcome from Montana......country boy myself, out here in the "Rockies". Yer gonna like it here.......Crazy bunch but we have fun and bounce a lot of info off each other. Post up some of yer finished projects.........be careful about putting up "floaty" stuff though, Chris B. gets a little worked up and we have to get Matron to "jab" him and calm him back down. ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Zach and Welcome from Montana......country boy myself, out here in the "Rockies". Yer gonna like it here.......Crazy bunch but we have fun and bounce a lot of info off each other. Post up some of yer finished projects.........be careful about putting up "floaty" stuff though, Chris B. gets a little worked up and we have to get Matron to "jab" him and calm him back down. ;)
WOT MIYE get worked up over floaty things lol well someone's got too an ive already got Bob lol an no matron if you please lol
chrisbmtb