Hello

L

LucyM

Hi to everyone. I'm new on here, just started modelling after a break of around 60 years. I found a Revell Lancaster kit at my grandkids Christmas fair last month for only £2 and decided that as I am retired, could spend some time modelling. As 2018 was the centenary of the RAF I decided to accompany the Lancaster with a spitfire and hurricane. I'm hoping to find lots of tips on here to help me.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Lucy.
A helpful and friendly forum.
Look fwd to seeing your work.
Remember no question is silly ! :smiling:
John.

L

LucyM

Thanks for the welcome John. Not sure about showing my work yet, won't be up to much until I get my hand in.

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Lucy
A warm welcome to a very friendly forum. A lot of modellers have come back to the hobby in later life so your story is a familiar one.
Jim

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi and welcome to the forum, there is a fair mixture on here and quite a few of us who have returned to modelling later in life. Don't be afraid to ask questions this is really quite a friendly bunch.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lucy,
A very warm welcome to a great forum with some very friendly helpful

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Lucy,
welcome, I'm sure you'll find this a friendly place, loads of inspiration, and a huge range of talents - and a great source of techniques and knowledge
Dave

B

Brad9826

Lucy welcome. :thumb2::thumb2:
Look forward too seeing your work, just don't be like me, I start off but never finish ..

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Lucy,
Welcome along. As has been said, it’s a great place to share, learn and make friends.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Not sure about showing my work yet, won't be up to much until I get my hand in.
As long as you’re happy with what you’ve made, even if you think you could have done better, that’s what matters. There are modellers of all skill levels here, and though there are always people more skilled than you (or I), if you let that hold you back from posting photos of your work then you’ll never share anything :smiling3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An a welcome from me as well Lucy as im a fairly new member an found the guys very helpful indeed as im still learning on model making an enjoying it

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Welcome Lucy. Don't forget it's not a competition, it's about having fun, so as long as you enjoy building a model, don't be shy about sharing photos!

Pete

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome Lucy. You’ll love it here, no pressure, no negative criticism, just helpful advice and decent banter....

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome, welcome, welcome! The more diversity the better. PaulE

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
:smiling4:Already three welcomes from across the pond by Paul and from others in coiuntry. I'll add another three from the tropics near the region of one of the oldest rainforest about half way round the world...so expect some 7 hours delay in response. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard