Hello

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome Russell. Where lays you interest, wheel, wings or rudders?
We have a great mix of wizards, warlo ks and waterbenders in here.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Welcome to the best forum around, Russell.
I thought it about time to join a like minded group, it's a mine field on your own.
Totally agree. The forum is the ideal place to share the hobby. To ask questions, to be inspired, to show your successes and failures and to support fellow modellers. And join in the banter :smiling2: :smiling::smiling2:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I'm still trying to master the dark arts of scale model building. I thought it about time to join a like minded group, it's a mine field on your own.
Welcome to the club Russel. Yeah, it is a minefield. No more a case of glueing one part to another - job done. Glue has changed, paint has changed, brushes have changed to mini spray guns.

But it's grand getting to grips with it. I'm only on my third kit since I was in my teens I'm well beyond retirement now. You've found probably the Carlsberg of the modelling world. Loads of friendly advice, loads of help and even more encouragement. Dive in Russel, the waters nice and warm.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Russell,
welcome to the forum, whatever your interest, you'll find like minded members here, loads of advice, just ask any question.
No flaming or backbiting, a really friendly place!
Dave

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Russell,
If you want a club/forum where you are brought through a build of "I stuck this bit to that bit and then stuck those bits to this bit which once removed from the sprue was stuck to this bit and you have to be sure that all the bits in this 1000 part kit were all stuck together in half an hour, just so that I could demonstrate that I built the latest all singing, all dancing kit first and without reading the instructions once...."
Then this is not that place, here we stroll along at a gentlemanly pace, where we savour the item we are building to the sweet aroma of curing superglue......
What a load of rubbish - who wrote this - this is not in my contract - I demand to see the director....
Welcome Russell, the matron has just arrived with the fire bucket and rough sponge for my bed bath.....
Mike.

Harris Shoerats

SMF Supporter
First Name
Russell
Welcome Russell. Where lays you interest, wheel, wings or rudders?
We have a great mix of wizards, warlo ks and waterbenders in here.
Hi, I really don't know what I prefer. Growing up in the Cold War era, I lived near RAF Upper Heyford so I have a soft spot for the F111 Aardvark and Phantoms. The beautiful clean lines of the Ford GT Mustang are also attractive to me, which I'm trying to build at the moment.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome Russell, Whatever it is you end up building be sure and post it up so's we can follow along and enjoy it with you as well! :thumb2: