Help me 3D printers...you're my only hope

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Hi guys, a bit of a weird request,

I'm trying to finish my 'zero' dio and need a 1/48 Japanese carrier deck section,
having spent a fair few hours wandering all over the various internet model shops it would seem this item..... Jap carrier deck.. is either out of stock all over the world or has ceased production...with no known date of re-supply..

with this in mind is it possible to create / print one for me ?, I'll gladly pay you for it..

Here's hoping ... ;)

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Not same model , but would this work for you

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Not same model , but would this work for you

At a push it would, however I was more inclined to go toward the section that has the deck lift on it..

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Your post stirred a memory - I bought mine in 2021 & painted it, ready for a subject ( I did a blog on this )................but the subject never appeared & it's been sitting on a shelf ever since - I've just blown the dust off it & that'll be used for photos in the upcoming Japanese aircraft GB. Another of those models that seem to have vanished ( I did the Eduard 1/48 carrier deck section around the same time ) This my be of interest..................https://coastalkits.co.uk/cubecart/...cks/1/48-scale/1-48-ww2-japanese-carrier-deck
Dave

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Had a nosey around the link provided by Gary..(thanks for your help).....and given the requirement of a minimum £25 euro order and the additional cost of postage to ship from Germany to the UK, this idea has now been scrapped, It might sound like I'm being a bit of a tight wad but it's just not viable and would take the cost of the dio way above what I originally paid for the base model........ so I'm going to have a bash a building one from coffee stirrers..(wish me luck)..

So with that in mind....anybody have even the vaguest idea how long the individual wooden planks were on the carrier decks ? I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of six to eight feet long... but not completely sold on the idea...HELP !!!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Had a nosey around the link provided by Gary..(thanks for your help).....and given the requirement of a minimum £25 euro order and the additional cost of postage to ship from Germany to the UK, this idea has now been scrapped, It might sound like I'm being a bit of a tight wad but it's just not viable and would take the cost of the dio way above what I originally paid for the base model........ so I'm going to have a bash a building one from coffee stirrers..(wish me luck)..

So with that in mind....anybody have even the vaguest idea how long the individual wooden planks were on the carrier decks ? I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of six to eight feet long... but not completely sold on the idea...HELP !!!
Chris ,are we talking about hardwoods? The lengths you mention sounds about right. ,1. 8mtr ,2.4. and 3.3.Longer lengths would be available right up to 5.4 mtr in softwoods .

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Chris ,are we talking about hardwoods? The lengths you mention sounds about right. ,1. 8mtr ,2.4. and 3.3.Longer lengths would be available right up to 5.4 mtr in softwoods .
Evening John, Apparently....(according to the interwebs).. the decks were made from birchwood, I'm presuming thats a hard wood ? and looking at the various sizes you've mentioned I'm guessing 3.3 mtr lengths would look about right when viewed with a Zero parked up on them...

silly question time... how long would 3.3 mtrs be in 1/48 scale ?

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evening John, Apparently....(according to the interwebs).. the decks were made from birchwood, I'm presuming thats a hard wood ? and looking at the various sizes you've mentioned I'm guessing 3.3 mtr lengths would look about right when viewed with a Zero parked up on them...

silly question time... how long would 3.3 mtrs be in 1/48 scale ?
68.75mm

3300mm ÷ 48