help please

A

aj8155

hi all, i've just bought revell's 1/72 scale u-boat and a brass etch kit, having never had much to do with brass etch kits i was wondering what the best glue is to attach the brass to the plastic, thanks andy.

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
hi all, i've just bought revell's 1/72 scale u-boat and a brass etch kit, having never had much to do with brass etch kits i was wondering what the best glue is to attach the brass to the plastic, thanks andy.
Hi Andy,whats worked for me is ca glue.Whos pe set do you have? Glenn

A

aj8155

hi glen, its eduards kit, when you say "ca glue" i take it that you mean super glue cyanoacrylate, cheers andy

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
hi glen, its eduards kit, when you say "ca glue" i take it that you mean super glue cyanoacrylate, cheers andy
Rodger that Andy, but use the slow set it will give you time to set the part and move it in to place,reguler ca sets to fast and gives you very little time ot set the part. I use ZAP in the lime green bottle.I hope this helps Glenn

B

Bunkerbarge

I made the Revel kit with the White Ensign models PE set. Have a look through my build thread in the boats section.

I used a combination of cyano glue for the PE. Where I wanted a bit of support I used gel and where that was not necessary I used thin liquid. There really isn't any other type of glue that will hold such materials together. Glenn's suggestion to use the slow set stuff is a really good idea, and I wish I'd thought of it!!