Hetzer 1:25 Scale Card Model

T

Tim Crowe

I've been looking through the build threads on this forum, and the standard seems very high.

So I hope you chaps will go easy on me

This build thread is of a 1:25 scale German Hetzer tank. The kit is published by Modelik, a polish company.

The kits comes with four pages of printed parts, two pages of parts to be laminated and two pages of assembly diagrams.

Generally these kits come with polish instructions. But I find the best help is to look on card modelling forums and see how other builders have got on.

Tim

T

Tim Crowe

First step is to laminate the main body and structural parts to 1mm card. 3M spray mound is the best thing for this. Anything else will cause warping to the card.

Left overnight, the parts are then cut out and glued to form the main body of the tank.

Cut neatly out these just slot together

There are raised edges, which need trimming off and sanding down. I find applying a coat of paint helps show area that still need work.

Once done the body is now ready to have the skins put on.

Tim

T

Tim Crowe

Suspension time. These are very simple on this model, and not really visible.

Didn't see the point in edge colouring these parts. Just built them up and gave them a coat of paint.

Then a quick dry-brushing to highlight any detail

Tim

T

Tim Crowe

Wheel time:

Again quite simple construction. I used a dermal punch for the holes.

The road wheels were meant to be of hollow contruction. Gave up on that idea and used 1mm card. The more card models you build you do get a feel for what will and will not work.

This has made them a lot stronger.

Tim

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is great Tim, I have the card model of a Panther Tank and haven't a clue where or how to start, so this thread of yours is just the ticket.....

I'm not sure, but it could be by the same company, I do remember it's in Polish....I'd post a picture for you, but I can't find the bl***y thing.

Either way your build will make for interesting learning, so any tips as you go would be appreciated.

Thanks for posting the thread.

Ron

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I can't believe what you guys do with card. It is amazing work.

T

Tim Crowe

Time for the tracks. These consist of two sides glued together. Then there are grouser bars and teeth to stick on

Straight forward to build, if a little time consuming.

Started installing them by by threading them onto the drive wheels. Left them overnight then stuck them to the road wheels.

Tried to simulate how the tracks would sit in real life.

Seems to have come out okay.

Tim

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Never seen a card kit go together from start to finnish will watch this one ,and great work so far Tim

T

Tim Crowe

Bit of an update.

Main gun section, went together quite well. After lots of test fitting and trimming. Mud guards now on and starting to install all those extra fiddly bits.

The handles are just bent wire, will paint to match later.

Tim

T

Tim Crowe

She's finished:

Overall not a bad kit. It does need a bit of work to get it built properly.

Tim