The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
,....... and it's a warm welcome from me too. :smiling3:
..... I look forward to seeing you around the parish,
Andy
(I do like to see a nice Ship build, don't do them myself,but there are several of the chaps on here that do ;) )

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Brian welcome to this great forum an you are doin HMS Nelson in 1/200 scale will look forward to that as im hopein you will show your build on this forum an Bobthestug is now doin big 1/200 battleships an i im building HMS Tiger in 1/72 scale in ships under constuckion an she is big but it a R/C scratchbuild an nearly finished if you would like to look
ATB to you Sir
chrisb

Last edited by a moderator:

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Thanks for the warm welcome :smiling3: I am interested in all military models but have a soft spot for warships (22 years Royal Navy Engineer) Boatman yes I would love to see your build.
Brian

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks for the warm welcome :smiling3: I am interested in all military models but have a soft spot for warships (22 years Royal Navy Engineer) Boatman yes I would love to see your build.
Brian
Well Brian my tiger build all over 200 pages of it an 3 yrs worth is in ships under construction hope you like it an there also Garry from N/Z an he is also scratchbuilding a type 23 frigate hms iron duke in 1/72 scale an R/C its lookin to be a cracker an its like my R/C type 23 frigate in 1/72 scale hms norfolk an Bob's big model ships also so you have plenty to look at hope you enjoy these builds
chrisb aka boatman

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
A warm welcome to the best modelling forum on the web. Help, advice, support and encouragement readily available with plenty of good natured banter along the way. Like yourself many here have returned to the hobby after a break.
Your 1/200 HMS Nelson will be quite an eye-catching model. I built her sister ship, HMS Rodney, a while ago but only in 1/700 scale.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
:smiling3: will have a look Chris, still in the process of me getting my room sorted but getting there :smiling3:
Brian6
AN hi again Brian could you please put on your pictures in full size as on my pc they wont show very well in the thumb nail size like you have cheers
ATB Brian
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
:smiling3: will have a look Chris, still in the process of me getting my room sorted but getting there :smiling3:
Brian6
COR Brian Bobthestug is doin P/E like you are doin so he will be able to help you or you help him

chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome Brian. Good to have another boat builder in our ranks.
Hope to see a build thread of the Nelson. I do like a big war canoe.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Brian,
welcome to the forum - looks like you've got your workbench sorted, but how long will it stay that tidy?
My first career was as an Engineer Officer in the MN.......................... then came ashore!
The Nelson is an eyecatching ship, caught between the world wars, never very glamorous, but a reliable performer. Quite a few shipbuilders on the forum now, I dabble a bit myself. Look around, the forum has all genres of modelmaking & cross over of techniques and tips is part of it's strengths - that and the friendly banter of the members. Enjoy!
Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Welcome aboard Brian, you'll find all genres besides ships...I do dabble a bit but in small 1/700 scale. Great to see a tidy workbench...very rare amongst us except for Barry.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Thanks again for the warm welcome, as for my bench i suffer with mild ocd and am very tidy, Dave tried to join the merchant navy in 79 but I had a tatoo under age so wasn't accepted for officer training both my brothers sailed with blue funnel and shell. I will start a build thread for the Nelson next week :smiling3:
Brian