Hi all

Konrad

SMF Supporter
First Name
Konrad
Hey everyone,

I was searching up on fitment issues with a current build I'm working on and I was directed here.

After flicking through a few posts I decided to join up, really like a lot of the builds I'm seeing here and will hopefully be able to get a little inspiration.

I built a lot of stuff as a kid, but only really got the bug for it again last year after my wife and I went to the Titanic museum in Belfast, we have a sort of themed shelf thing going on so I bought a little model kit to add the ship in to the display, I'll be honest, it's not all that great as I didn't have a lot of kit when I built it.

It made me realise how much I enjoy the process though and I've since been slowly working through a few projects, I finished up the 3rd one just last week after a little break, work on the house and real life in general got in the way a bit but whenever I have some free time I'll be glad to build a few things and share them with you guys, I'm not an expert, far from it, but it's all about having fun right?!

436226665_1211203003587087_3941682822006377769_n.jpg346789999_639135761414594_5655589276724847653_n.jpg435983184_10164995334324572_8383179084440490148_n.jpg

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Konrad,
welcome to the forum, you'll find it well worth the subscription - don't forget the discount in the Scale Model Shop! Any problems - put up a question in a new thread, and I'm sure that someone will have made the same model and be able to advise...............
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELCOME Konrad to a really good forum hope you enjoy your stay
chrisb

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Any problems - put up a question in a new thread, and I'm sure that someone will have made the same model and be able to advise...............

Or...... maybe have a look using the forum search facility. Just saying like ;)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
If it didnt have severe limitations, I would! search '1/48 F-16' or '1/32 Fw 190' & you can see the problem - the search engine only recognises 5 characters & above.
Dave

I'm not going to get into a debate about it Dave. It's there and it is useful rather than just starting a thread regardless. Taking a couple of seconds to try other combinations is no hardship.

Oh and 1/32 Fw190 works if you take the space out of it ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Konrad.

Watto

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nicholas
Hey everyone,

I was searching up on fitment issues with a current build I'm working on and I was directed here.

After flicking through a few posts I decided to join up, really like a lot of the builds I'm seeing here and will hopefully be able to get a little inspiration.

I built a lot of stuff as a kid, but only really got the bug for it again last year after my wife and I went to the Titanic museum in Belfast, we have a sort of themed shelf thing going on so I bought a little model kit to add the ship in to the display, I'll be honest, it's not all that great as I didn't have a lot of kit when I built it.

It made me realise how much I enjoy the process though and I've since been slowly working through a few projects, I finished up the 3rd one just last week after a little break, work on the house and real life in general got in the way a bit but whenever I have some free time I'll be glad to build a few things and share them with you guys, I'm not an expert, far from it, but it's all about having fun right?!

View attachment 509010View attachment 509011View attachment 509012
Welcome Konrad, I'm fairly new here myself but, I can tell you that the folks around here are very friendly and have helped me with a problem I had with decals, everybody has made me welcome.

I can't speak highly enough of everyone I've been in contact with

Good to have you aboard,

Watto