Hi Everyone

ChrisP

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Name's Chris. Live in Kent. Retired and came back to modelling about 2 years ago. Always loved modelling back in the 60's as a kid when you bought an Airfix Spitfire and the fuselage never met properly. The paints needed lots of white spirit to clean them and oil to thin them. Had the models hanging from my bedroom ceiling. Hadn't modelled from about 1969 up to a couple of years ago. Still not very good at it at all but just love doing it. The models gather dust for a while and then get binned but I am still happy doing them. Have a mini 'studio' in my shed that caters for my needs. Anyway, thanks for letting me on the site and I look forward to learning lots from you all.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Hi Chris

As long as you enjoy what you are doing then that is the main thing. No-one can say any different.

Welcome to the forum.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Chris, do join in and have fun.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN here another Chris is welcoming you Chris have fun on here as its a great forum where the guys an gals talk regulary not once a month or so like others
chris

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
I look forward to learning lots from you all.

....and learn you will....this forum is crammed with some very experienced modellers, I've never been let down asking a question and no question was ever deemed a daft one.

When I first joined I learnt quite a lot just from wandering round the site, then I got brave and asked some questions, if it wasn't for the members here I wouldn't get the results I get today with my kits.

Enjoy!

Del

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
....and learn you will....this forum is crammed with some very experienced modellers, I've never been let down asking a question and no question was ever deemed a daft one.

When I first joined I learnt quite a lot just from wandering round the site, then I got brave and asked some questions, if it wasn't for the members here I wouldn't get the results I get today with my kits.

Enjoy!

Del
Couldn't have put it better myself Del.

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Chris,
welcome to the forum! You'll find this a good place to be - unlike other forums which cater for one genre, there are all forms of modelmaking here, and there is a lot of cross-pollination of techniques and ideas! Don't hang back in asking questions - you'll be certain of getting replies ( some might even be helpful! :smiling2: )
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi chris welcone to the forum , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome aboard Chris. Hope that you enjoy it here.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome, welcome, welcome, can't wait to see your stuff. Lots of folks here have your story in common. PaulE