Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Billy and welcome.
You might want to have a look in the section of the forum that is all things Airbrush related, there are a lot of comments and suggestions regarding the fatal question "which airbrush should I buy?"

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Billy
Welcome to the forum. Love for the hobby is the single most important thing. It’s relaxing, rewarding, occasionally challenging and sometimes frustrating, but we‘re all here because we love to build! You’re in good company and I’m sure you’ll pick up a great many tips, make some friends and thoroughly enjoy your time on here.

With regards to the airbrush, do you have a budget in mind? I’m sure you’ll get quite a few suggestions from the guys on here. Personally, I’ve always been an Iwata man - they are reliable and parts are readily available. It might be worth popping into the Scale Model Shop to have a look too.

Looking forward to seeing your builds on here real soon
All the best
Paul

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David

TwitchyBill

SMF Supporter
First Name
Billy
Thanks everyone for your friendly welcomes, and words of encouragement and advice!

On the airbrush quest, I shall do my research and invest in a 'relatively' affordable one (preferably with a compressor), and yes I will definitely be getting it on Scale Model Shop!

I am looking forward to sharing photos of my builds!

Happy building! ☺️

Billy

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Welcome to the Forum, Billy.
I'm not adding anything to the airbrush issue.
One thing I cans say is about your Tamiya tanks: don't be afraid. Tamiya tanks are a real pleasure to build even without specific experience on "tracky things"; if they belong to the "first generation", usually identified by the presence of slots and supports for motor and batteries in the lower hull, then probably you'll get a not exactly scaled model (usually a little wider or longer or both), but anyway a nice looking model of the original thing.

Looking forward to your next builds, again a warm welcome.

Andrea