HMS Amagenon, a mojo buster, i hope!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Sorry about your difficulties. Very frustrating but I'm sure it will come right in the end.
As for the build, it's looking fine. You seem to have it all planned out and making steady progress.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Jim, appreciated. Building is going better than KGV so learning by my mistakes.

Apologies to the many who have joined in but still having problems typing, pics etc.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Never mind Bob, by now I'd have torched the camera !
John Bob uses his phone i think he'd be better off in my opinion with a nice small canon camera like what i use as ive never hardly had any bad piccies with that
chrisb

Reactions: JR

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
@Bobthestug
Bob I feel for you Please check the following:
Up date your telephone. BOTH the Samsung software AND ANDROID (should be able to set it up to do this automatically).
Make sure your Computer is up to date.
Log out of the Forum and log in again.

Please describe exactly how you write a post on the forum and what you use to do it with

John Bob uses his phone i think he'd be better off in my opinion with a nice small canon camera like what i use as ive never hardly had any bad piccies with that
chrisb
I have used a Samsung telephone for the laste few years and not had any real bother with it. Take a photo, send it to the cloud, post it on the forum.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
chrisb
And the phone then Chris.:smiling3:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Ian, thanks for the help, i am trying now on my desk top machine.
20230119_124343.jpg

rather large but no problem with the picture or typing

But when using my phone the picture can be seen on the page after downloading but flashes on the page and quickly vanishes leaving a box with OBJ in it, seems to be do with not recognising a emoji ??? the pictures are then at the bottom of the screen but blurred, Al had no problem sorting them out from his machine or phone for me. i have tried different sizes etc and 1:1 worked but when i tried again it failed again

typing: you type a word, put in a space to add a new word, the new letters of the new word then move in the middle of a word you have just typed??, i then have to go back to this word to delete these letters. this is followed by a huge amount of space below now the words, but this sometimes is not seen by you when posted.

i have sent photos via email and text to friends as a practice and no problems, no problem typing on facebook for example or sending emails. again no problems using this desk top.

My phones is up to date with downloads from Samsung etc

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Forgot, the photo I transferred from my phone to the desktop. Will try to post same photo below, the huge empty page had happened again as soon as stopped typing

No!

Attachments

• 20230119_124343.jpg
    20230119_124343.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 8

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Forgot, the photo I transferred from my phone to the desktop. Will try to post same photo below, the huge empty page had happened again as soon as stopped typing

No!
Blimey that's painful!
I must admit I only ever post pictures from my desktop rather than my phone, simply because I feel more in control. Also because I write the text of my thread in a word document and then copy and paste when I am happy with it. I keep the edited pics in the same folder on the desktop anyway.
Probably irrelevant to you Bob, but be assured of my sympathy

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Hi Ian, thanks for the help, i am trying now on my desk top machine.
20230119_124343.jpg
Bob did you make that rack for the frets in the background ? it's a good idea and one I would like to adopt :smiling3:
Brian

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bit more today. added the torpedo net booms on the port, sods law broke the first one when sanding and its not set too good. while waiting started on the turrets, will build them all before attempting to add the PE ladders
20230122_162620.jpg

This is my last post for a while, had enough trying to post using my phone and its a right pain using the desk top, with the time involved

my persistent health issues do not help but so be it, bye for now

bob

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I hope that you get it sorted out soon Bob. We all like having you around and seeing your builds. Personally I find it much easier to 'do the forum' on my old steam powered lap top.
Better with a proper keyboard than those tiny onscreen virtual ones. I take the photos on my phone and upload them to my one drive account then sit and do the forum bit on a screen and keyboard that can be seen, with a cup of coffee and a biscuit.

I hope to see you around and get better soon.