HMS Campbletown 1/700.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Ralph,
Very nice but any chance of some slightly closer pictures...only if you fancy it mind, no pressure.
I had this in my Xmas list but the Mrs couldn’t find it (or thought I had too many kits already:smiling5:

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Ralph,
Very nice but any chance of some slightly closer pictures...only if you fancy it mind, no pressure.
I had this in my Xmas list but the Mrs couldn’t find it (or thought I had too many kits already:smiling5:
Cheers Si :smiling2:.
I'm absolutely crap at taking pics and this is probably the best I can do.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very sharp. Water is spot on. What happened to the area where torpedo tubes would normally be, float plane? PaulE

D

Deleted member 4539

Very sharp. Water is spot on. What happened to the area where torpedo tubes would normally be, float plane? PaulE
Cheers Paul :smiling2:.
This was just prior to the St Nazaire attack on the drydock gates and I believe most of the ship was stripped of excess weight and made to look like a German destroyer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Cheers Si :smiling2:.
I'm absolutely crap at taking pics and this is probably the best I can do.

Silly me....I was looking on my phone screen, no wonder I couldn’t see much:smiling5: Now I look on my tablet, I can see so much more:thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lovely work Ralph. The base is stunning. Nice attention to detail with the smoke stains on the funnels. Wonderful work

D

Deleted member 4539

Lovely work Ralph. The base is stunning. Nice attention to detail with the smoke stains on the funnels. Wonderful work
Cheers Steve :smiling2:.
I love to mess about with weathering and one day I intend to do a complete rust bucket.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice model there Ralph now this is not a critisium but im surprised you dint do her rammed into the dock gates as this is the cambeltown that was loaded with exslosives aint it ? just think you could have had all the german solidgers all running around an fightin the crew as they struggled to get off the ship . I presume that's what happened as im not up to all the story of what happpend but nicely done all the same
chris

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ralph

very nicely done. This model brings back memories for me since I won the kit in about 1960 for coming in first in the three legged race at my junior school athletics day when I was about 7 years old. I am sure my version was considerably more rudimentary than this fine rendering.

John

D

Deleted member 4539

Very nice model there Ralph now this is not a critisium but im surprised you dint do her rammed into the dock gates as this is the cambeltown that was loaded with exslosives aint it ? just think you could have had all the german solidgers all running around an fightin the crew as they struggled to get off the ship . I presume that's what happened as im not up to all the story of what happpend but nicely done all the same
chris
Cheers Chris :smiling2:.
I'm not really into making dioramas but the bonus edition does come with figures to do a diorama.

D

Deleted member 4539

Ralph

very nicely done. This model brings back memories for me since I won the kit in about 1960 for coming in first in the three legged race at my junior school athletics day when I was about 7 years old. I am sure my version was considerably more rudimentary than this fine rendering.

John
Cheers John:smiling2:.
I am glad it brought back some good memories for you.