HMS Prince of Wales final resting place

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking superb the growth looks great and the subtle colouring isn't over done to spoil the scale of the ship. Very nice work Alan.

Can you move the model? Reason why I ask is that the Prince of Wales is actually inverted and laying on her port side slightly.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looking superb the growth looks great and the subtle colouring isn't over done to spoil the scale of the ship. Very nice work Alan. Can you move the model? Reason why I ask is that the Prince of Wales is actually inverted and laying on her port side slightly.

Yes Simon I know it is but then you can't see the details humpf smartypants

I'll post a pic just for you in a bit :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yes Simon I know it is but then you can't see the details humpf smartypantsI'll post a pic just for you in a bit :smiling3:
Okay mate, just making sure, sent you a PM.

Si...smartypants.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
It does capture the remains of a once proud fighting ship waiting in the dark slowly decaying, the expanse of seabed adding to the emptiness and then this rusting hulk.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Oh worries mate I've sent you one back

I think the photos are a bit bright so I'll post some natural ones tomorrow :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Oh worries mate I've sent you one backI think the photos are a bit bright so I'll post some natural ones tomorrow :smiling3:
I agree, taking piccies with various flash settings doesn't work, you do need daylight really.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It does capture the remains of a once proud fighting ship waiting in the dark slowly decaying, the expanse of seabed adding to the emptiness and then this rusting hulk.Si:smiling3:
Yeah mate I looked at some photos online to get a realistic look so I could do a better job :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That looks nicely built up Alan, makes it looks less plonked.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That looks nicely built up Alan, makes it looks less plonked.Si:smiling3:
Thanks mate , I thought it wasn't sitting properly and she looks more natural now well I think it does :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks mate , I thought it wasn't sitting properly and she looks more natural now well I think it does :smiling3:
Yep, as a sunken ship of serious tonnage would, it would make a trench either gouged from bow first and sliding or from a straight down drop; silt etc would be thrown up and scattered around. Over time more would accumulate in areas via currents.

Nice work.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Yep, as a sunken ship of serious tonnage would, it would make a trench either gouged from bow first and sliding or from a straight down drop; silt etc would be thrown up and scattered around. Over time more would accumulate in areas via currents.Nice work.

I agree mate I enjoyed making this she looks better now than when I build her OOB :smiling3: this I what she looked like then as you can see she wasn't the best build :smiling3:

View attachment 72683

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I agree mate I enjoyed making this she looks better now than when I build her OOB :smiling3: this I what she looked like then as you can see she wasn't the best build :smiling3:
To your eye she may look naff but to me I would be happy if I had made and painted that.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
To your eye she may look naff but to me I would be happy if I had made and painted that.Si:smiling3:
Thanks Si , I built this when I had just started up the hobby again nearly two years ago and I was never really happy with but my skill level then was very limited :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
my skill level then was very limited
Mine still is mate...no learning curve at all, all down hill... :D Si:smiling3:

L

Lancasterb1

I like the look of that, a very different approach to an iconic ship! Well done mate!