HMS Prince of Wales final resting place

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I like the look of that, a very different approach to an iconic ship! Well done mate!
Thanks mate I'm glad you like it now I know what to do with a bad kit :smiling3:

N

noble

absolutely love it mate this has an excellent atmosphere, you should sink this dio in resin, love it.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
absolutely love it mate this has an excellent atmosphere, you should sink this dio in resin, love it.scott
Thanks Scott how do you mean sink it in resin ?

I've never heard the term before

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Just seen this Alan and a very nice build it is. It's very atmospheric
Thanks papa I'm surprised it tuned out as well :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks Scott how do you mean sink it in resin ?
One way is to make a box around it and then mix up a load-and I mean a load of clear resin, you then pour it over the model, leave it to set and then it is encased. One issue with this is that the resin can make the paints bleach out into the resin so the model needs to be sealed.

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

I wouldn't risk the resin, poor old Polux tried to do a sunken Tilly for a group build and it ended up a melted blob..... I was gutted for him after all the work he'd done on the van.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I wouldn't risk the resin, poor old Polux tried to do a sunken Tilly for a group build and it ended up a melted blob..... I was gutted for him after all the work he'd done on the van.
Poor bloke I bet he was gutted thanks for info Colin I don't think I'll be trying that anytime soon

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Poor bloke I bet he was gutted thanks for info Colin I don't think I'll be trying that anytime soon
Yeah I saw a picture of it was just a block with a brown mess in it...very sad indeed.

Si:smiling3: