SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Good for you James, nice start.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
thanks Eddie I'll tell you what the IT'S a surprise is as long no one else knows it a Cleopatra paddle steamer stern wheeler. ok :P

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
thanks Eddie I'll tell you what the IT'S a surprise is as long no one else knows it a Cleopatra paddle steamer stern wheeler. ok :P
I won't tell a soul...just our little secret. ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Jim you are such a plonker, everyone and his dog can read this, if you want a private conversation you need to pm (that's private message) them and I know it's confusing but eddiesolo is actually Si, (you'll have to forgive him Si he's new to this) its great you've started this again Jim looking good so far, is that the airfix kit.

D

dougie

Well forgetting the secrets, the above is looking very nice!

james pithouse

First Name
James
no not Airfix it's a Revell 1:225 scale ken it has 100 guns on is deck after refit it went to 98 guns on three decks as it says on the plans on the front cover :D

james pithouse

First Name
James
not doing any more at the moment to the victory waiting to here if they can send new part as the one i got is now screwed up and the part that is screwed up is the rear windows to the captains quarters :mad:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
not doing any more at the moment to the victory waiting to here if they can send new part as the one i got is now screwed up and the part that is screwed up is the rear windows to the captains quarters :mad:
Damn, that's a shame.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi jim can you not save the transom (that's the stern part of the ship) or use that part as a pattern to make a new one from.

james pithouse

First Name
James
hi all good news I got the new part for this boat:D but I have not got a very small paint brush to paint between the windows and I mean small paint brush because I also have to paint certain parts black and the wooden parts yellow and the glass blue I looked on Scale Model Shop but I can not fined the smallest brush for the job and now it's a headache to find the smallest tipped paint brush:mad:

D

Deleted member 3568

Great news jim, tip, use a cocktail stick for fine detail, I use them all the time, it's what I'm using on the Wasa, I guarantee the detail on the Wasa is finer than anything on the victory, dip the cocktail stick in the very edge of the paint on the tin lid (after you've given the tin a good shake ) don't dip it in the paint tin its self as you can't control how much paint you can get on the stick, the idea is to get a small amount of paint on the tip then apply to where you want it, it takes a bit of practice but once you've mastered it you won't use any other method. I am so pleased you are starting this one again.

D

Deleted member 3568

Paint the whole thing yellow, then pick out the detail in black (always do the lightest colour first you will never cover black with yellow it is the weakest pigment) incidentally I think you would get a better impression of glass using gloss black rather than blue for the windows if you look into a unlighted house window the window looks black the only colour is the reflection from outside which the gloss black will give you.

james pithouse

First Name
James
thanks ken will do that :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

james pithouse

First Name
James
ps ken mums birthday soon coming down :D she's now a focal almost HA! HA! :D :p