HobbyBoss 1/72 P-40M Curtiss Warhawk

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Just one of the easy assembly kits - 20 odd pieces .....................
DSCF2964.JPGDSCF2965.JPGDSCF2966.JPGDSCF2967.JPGDSCF2968.JPGDSCF2969.JPG
OOB, apart from adding a pilot. Started Sunday morning, primed & painted afternoon, gloss varnish evening. Decals added Monday morning, matt varnish afternoon. Painless assembly, all brush painted, the decals went on well ( teeth especially! ), It should really be called a Kittyhawk III ( 112 Squadron ) Desert Air Force. Just a little model to ease me back onto the bench.
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great way to get back into it dave, they really are amazing these kits , you’d never guess it was only twenty pieces . Cheers tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Dave. Good to see you back at the bench and a great job on the kit.

ATB.

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
These things go together so well, they're more an exercise in painting - the Warhawk was all brush painted, I used Mig decal solutions, with no problems, I can say the only thing I had to do was open the holes for the exhaust stubs - they'd blocked up with paint & the fit was too tight! Even the canopy, which can be a problem on these models went on well - even though there's no glue - it'll never come off again!
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Dave, Good to hear you enjoyed the build and apparently without any ill effects. :thumb2: That is a right smart looking Warhawk Sir..........have you given any thought to what you might try next? Rick H.