Hobbyboss M4A3 1:48

B

backonthecase

Ok chaps I've not been posting, but that don't mean I've not been building. I built this straight from the box, which included PE light guards and great detail allround, the unfortunate thing is that in typical Hobbyboss style, the detail is good, but the fit is rather poor.

The weathering has been good fun though.

Not finished but getting there. Thanks for watching

As always, comments/crit welcome.

Stuart

F

Fenlander

Looks really nice Stuart. I have never made a Sherman but this is a build that could tempt me. I do like the weathering, the dusty/mucky undercarriage looks great with the realistic looking dusting on the body to, very nice.

B

backonthecase

Thanks Graham, I would thoroughly recommend this, the detail is superb and the fit is not a disaster! It's the first of hopefully many Shermans for me!! It's also the smallest one I've got! I have the Calliope and M4A2 USMC in the stash and the M7 HMC on the way from fleabagbay!

Stuart

B

backonthecase

Here we are - all done. It's not on the right base - this is from my PaK but it's just to put it in a setting

Questions, comments and crit, bring them to me!!

Stuart

F

Fenlander

Nice one Stuart. You have made a great job of this, love the weathering, very nicely balanced.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Very nice Stuart, i have this one in my stash too. Well do matey, i might have to make a start on mine (sometime lol).

Have fun, John

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That weathering is very nicely done. Good one Stuart.

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top notch stuff Stuart, nice and dusty in the right amount.

Well done.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yet another wonderfull example ! Very nice too.

Weathering looks great and the dusting is just right. All that and only 1/48. This scale is really getting some great additions. Lets hope that it becomes the industry standard across all genra of kits. be it Tank, lorry, Aircraft or what ever.

Great build.

Ian M

F

Fenlander

I love the 1:48 but they just do not do much modern stuff, I want to do a Golan Heights scene but a T-55/62 and an Israeli Centurion (modified, cannot remember the name) are not to be found i this scale.

B

backonthecase

I think it's the Shot Kal you're thinking of Graham, mean machine and mean name!!

Thanks guys, I'm pleased at the positive responses especially regarding the weathering, as it's something I'm trying to focus on these days! I think I'm getting there with my powders and washes!! Ian you're right it is becoming more and more common to have armour releases in 1/48 and at around £10-£15 per kit as opposed to £30-£50 for a DML 1/35 tank I'd be surprised if the availability doesn't increase ten fold! The diorama possibilities are endless too! a crashed aircraft with a convoy rolling through and all on a 2ft by 1ft board!!

Cheers again guys, I'll get some pics of my current build up and we'll see if I can make it 2 out of 2! :o )

Stuart

T

T. van Vuuren

Realy nicely done! If there were fit hassles, I can't see it at all.I love the way you did the tracks, looks fantastic

Theuns

B

backonthecase

Graham they had a few tanks with "Shot" in the title, They also had the Isherman, a development of the Super Sherman.

Thanks Theuns, the wheels were a bit of a pain and the tracks were awful, they are the 2 main bad points of this kit.

Stuart

B

Bill's Bunker

Hi,

I like this, I've done some Tamiya 1/48 I like the scale, goes well with aircraft and it don't take too much shelf space. But my fading eyesight makes it a bit difficult.

I was looking at Hobbyboss and wondering what they were like! Nice and cheap or cheap and cheerful? It don't look too bad to me, may give them a try.

Yes I agree with the others a very nice weathering job. If you can to go to http://www.btinternet.com/~melvynsaunders you could take a look at a few of my kits.... Don't forget the http bit or you get my BTYahoo site which is rubbish..

Kind regards

Mel.