Honda RA272 - Completed -

S

Sauber

Oh dear, this one was tough. Not in a sense that it took a long time but in the fact that there is so much that could go wrong for such a small amount of parts. Finally finished this model as the Richie Ginther No.11 without rear cowlings variation. Hope you like it.

Any suggestions for next project?

M

munkster

Looks really great, well done! Maybe the Tamiya Lotus 25 would be a logical partner to the Honda??

That said though, once I've finished this FW16 I think it might be some time before I attempt an F1 car again so maybe go for a WW2 plane instead :smiling:

S

Sauber

Thanks, Mark, It's part of Tamiya's 1/20 Grand Prix range...

I was considering a Lotus 25 but as you say, Munkster, 1 F1 car is quite tireing so I don't think i'll be doing another one of them any time soon! I was trying to decide between a Le mans stlye adventure of mabye a GT.

Last edited:
M

munkster

What were the issues with the Honda out of interest Sauber (Benj??) - if I were to do another F1 car in the distant future this may well be one that I consider since I do think they look nice, but if it's a swine to build I may save my blood pressure for something else.

Did you have the "Power of Dreams" music in your head while you made it? :-D

S

Sauber

Well, Part of it was probably because I love the car so much and noticed any flaw in my work, but the rear suspension units were annoyingly fiddly to assemble. There is also the fact that the body shell isn't the last piece to go on as on most other cars, the main central section is assembled before the engine and suspension is fitted. I wonder if a more experienced person would be able to take it in their stride but hey, we're all still learning.

Yes, the only reason I bought it was because it featured in Honda's "Impossible Dream" advert!