How do i resize intructions to use as a mask?

W

wbk666

I've read of people scanning the painting instructions and then resizing them to the correct scale (1/72 for instance) and then cutting them up to use as a mask/template.

I can't find any tips on how to do the actual resizing though.

Can anyone help?

T

tecdes

Wayne one way if you have scan facilities is to expand using the scanner software. May be a bit hit & miss but once found you can repeat at will.

I use Coral draw which gives the facility to easily drag the subject to a larger size using rulers at the edge of the window. If you have a desk top art graphic programme most probable that these will have the same facility.

There are an number of freebie desk top programmes which may have the same capabilities. If I can find one I will let you know.

Laurie

W

wbk666

ive got the scanner and use adobe photoshop i was just wondering if there was an "idiots guide" to doing it somewhere lol

T

tecdes

Try these Wayne

They all seem to do resize but not tried them. But all free. Must be good. All give good instructions but not sure if they are, as you suggest "Idiot " worthy.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com

/http://www.drpic.com

/http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/resize-or-crop-graphics-HP005189920.aspx

Free Image Resizing Freeware downloads and reviews from SnapFiles

Laurie

W

wbk666

no i need a step by step "big dummies" guide really but thanks anyway.

M

mobear

open your pictures with windows paint(1right click on picture. 2 go down to open with.......3click on open with paint.4once picture opened top leftish says resize,click that.once that opens change the percent to pixels change it to 1024 the top number,once done click file save as....... bobs someone you know lol

mobear

B

Boldman

If you are using photoshop, thrnonce you have scanned the instructions you need to use the measuring tool to measure the size, best in cm od something in the picture that you can compare to the real thing. You'll need to use a distinctive feature you can easily measure in the real model. Once you have that measurement, compare it to the model measurement to fi d the ratio you need to scale the scanned image by. Once you have this number, resize your image by that ratio as a percentage, ie 1.5 times = 150% and then re-measure the scanned image again to check that you have it correct. Then print, making sure you do NOT let photoshop resize the picture to the page.

Is that what you were looking for?

W

wbk666

i think i've cracked it

i scanned the painting instructions then measured the kits wingspan

I then set the crop in photoshop to the same dimension and cropped it right up to the wing tips, the printed copy now measures the same as the actual kit

yeah success (of a fashion) just have to allow for the curving around the body now which i'll do with playdoh, sticks nice but doesnt leave a residue and is easily molded into what every shape is needed.

thanks everyone for your help.

M

mobear

you what i tell people to do with their pc`s i tell them play with it try out all the silly things and the good things on it 99% of the time everything works out allright,that 1% just roll back the pc to the time it was fine,AND DONT DO IT AGAIN lol.then play with it again

mobear