How I Build Dioramas in 1/16th.

J

JohnReid

The windows are finished so now it is on to the two back doors.They will be of simple design being in the backyard.I plan a single window near the top.You will notice that doors were much narrower in those days. The figure looks about right standing in the door however you will see that the back is not finely carved as it doesn't show when placed properly in the diorama.It is also now quite shiny due to too much handling and will have to be re-painted.After the doors will come the porch and stairs which should be lots of fun!

M

mikef350

wow!i have only just joined this site and starting the hobby,and i must say i can not wait to sink my teeth into some static models

J

JohnReid

Hi Guys! I know it has been awhile since I posted anything to this thread.

I have been very busy getting my aircraft dioramas ready for donation to the Canada Aviation Museum.The new part of the construction is to be finished in Feb of next year but my dioramas will need to be ready to go well before that ,as they will be doing the finishing for public presentation.The fourth and last large 1/16th scale aircraft diorama will only be finished in a year or two after that, then I plan to concentrate upon finishing the running rigging part of the Victory thread and then bread box size shadow boxes of various subjects.I am very anxious to really get into shadow boxes but my other commitments must come first.

Cheers! John.

Y

Yamato78

I bought kingtiger form trumpeter model a year ago, a diorama in 1/16 is a wonderful idea, the only thing that scared me is the painting. In theese big scale the reproduction of detail could be very hard

Y

Yamato78

I don't think so, for bigger model the painting for a realistic level is the first required, this is a my opinion, maybe wrong :smile: