How many grenadiers on a Tiger's a**e?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Fun time again!! I've just had a play to see how many German grenadiers would fit comfortably on the rear of a Tiger.

The 1/35 Tiger is a late steel wheel version belonging to the 1st SS Div.'LSSAH' circa.1944/45. The grenadiers are Tamiya. All nicely dusted up using dry polyfilla with a bit of grey colouring.

Considering I was just messing about, I quite like the result.

I present for your comments.

Thanks,

Ron

View attachment 19168

View attachment 19169

View attachment 19170

View attachment 19171

View attachment 19172

View attachment 19173

View attachment 19174

View attachment 19175

grenadiers 007.jpg

grenadiers 008.jpg

grenadiers 009.jpg

grenadiers 004.jpg

grenadiers etc 006.jpg

grenadiers etc 003.jpg

grenadiers etc 008.jpg

grenadiers etc 002.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
looks wicked ron,well done.Ill have to remember that tip about the polyfilla ,if i ever get round to doing a tank,it looks so effective.Great sense of action too,makes me wonder what theyre all hiding from! Excellent job ,cheers tony:welldone:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the comments Tony. Personally, I can't be doing with 'squeaky clean' models, especially tanks and infantry figures. I think they look far better roughed up a bit. The present Mrs.Ron goes ape when I reach for the 'muck' after taking a lot of care painting the model (women, they just don't understand)

Cheers,

Ron

P.S. The above statement is not neccessarily that of the masses!!!!! I thank you.

N

noble

Nice bit of work Ron and i do agree with that statement %100, my wife likes them when they look nice and new. Good tip about the polyfilla definately one to remember, keep up the good work.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
EIGHT! what do I win?

That looks fabulous. One day I'm going to build some armour - just as soon as I finish this pile of airplanes.lol.

Steve

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Ron,

Very nicely presented, the figures certainly do add to this one. It's not often we see models presented with figures so a nice change and a very realistic scene too.

Regards.......Mark.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
You know, i'm sure you can get some more on there, i can still see a Tiger.

Only joking spanner, it's a great looking model that's alive. Nice one.

Take care, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
EIGHT! what do I win?That looks fabulous. One day I'm going to build some armour - just as soon as I finish this pile of airplanes.lol.

Steve
Thanks for the kind comments....Your prize Steve, is a w/end on Dartmoor in Feb. 2010 with 8 grenadiers in a 4 man tent. All you require is a sleeping bag....Oh! and dont forget the soap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Sorry NO cash alternative.

Enjoy yourself,

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
In answer to the smart alec who informed me that I had forgotten the tank's radio antenna, I would like to inform HIM that the grenadier with the MP 40 is lying on it !!!!

Quick thinking, eh, men !!!!:nana:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Thanks for the kind comments....Your prize Steve, is a w/end on Dartmoor in Feb. 2010 with 8 grenadiers in a 4 man tent. All you require is a sleeping bag....Oh! and dont forget the soap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Sorry NO cash alternative.

Enjoy yourself,

Ron
Woohoo! I can hardly wait. Seriously that is some nice armour and the more I see from you (and some of the other armour modellers) the more tempted I become. My main problem is that I am hopeless with figures.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Woohoo! I can hardly wait. Seriously that is some nice armour and the more I see from you (and some of the other armour modellers) the more tempted I become. My main problem is that I am hopeless with figures. Cheers

Steve
Don't worry about being hopeless with figures Steve, why do you think I always muck my efforts up with dust or white wash or whatever?

Cuumm on, my son, 'av a go!!

Ron