Hummvee Italeri kit build

D

Dave1973

so, while I'm messing with the plane, thinking about the Huey, wondering when do I start the Blackhawk, spitfire, big Huey, and raptor copter, I decided to start this!

It's the italeri kit, fairly good, nice parts on the sprues, very little flash.

It's VERY greasy plastic though, I've scrubbed the sprues but the paint is still not adhering well.

Found that cleaning each piece down with brake cleaner, they're much better,

So I've built up the chassis, and done the exhaust, with a small amount of weathering.

I used NATO black for the chassis, Steel grey for the exhaust, and Iron for the engine parts and fuel tank.

The main body is painted in NATO brown.

Here's how far I am at the moment,

View attachment 123233

View attachment 123234

View attachment 123235

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

First Name
Dave
Looking great thus far, the weathering is very convincing and gives a satisfying patina.

I'm sure this is going to be another great build.

D

Dave1973

Unfortunately, I've built up the top half of the model now, and forgot to take pictures!

Sorry!!

But, I have got the body together, the canvas style plastics are incredibly fiddly to get aligned and held together, you need five hands and one tongue to achieve this! (The tongue to stick out the side of the mouth In the typical concentrate pose!)

So, I've airbrushed the body with NATO Brown, which I think works well with this vehicle, but I need some advice.

What's the best way of adding shadow to the canvas detail on the plastic, I thought drybrush, but that would,pick out the raised parts, and I want to shadow the deep parts.

It's way to fine to do pre shading, so I scrapped that idea.

All help will be rewarded with words of wisdom and a specially painted bauble on our smas tree!