Hurricane under the red star

S

spongtastic

First kit completed since early last year so it's taken a while. Not sure about the kit as a few bits were a poor fit and the canopy was nowhere near. For some reason it's also looking quite glossy but is actually very flat. Next up is either an ICM Mig-25 or the P-40B from the same box

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That is fantastic, I love to see a good Hurricane and that's one of the best I've seen

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice job , i love to see the soviet lend lease aircraft modelled. Looking forward to seeing the next model whichever one you decide to do, cheers tony

First Name
Dave
I like the Hurricane as well.Looks very good in Russian markings.

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Nice looking Hurricane! You don't often see the land-lease ones...

S

spongtastic

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

It's one of the 1/72 new tool Airfix. I found the canopy to be an awful fit, the two halves didn't meet up and the fit with the main section was pretty bad as well, hence the decision to chop off a large section behind the cockpit and have it open. The plastic, to me, seemed to be very soft as well.

But this is only really a practice one, as I'm just building planes either because they were cheap from ebay or they came free with the Airfix membership.

I've decided to build the P-40 next and have a go at some brushed on winter camo. Not investing in an airbrush because my build rate isn't really high enough at the moment to justify the expense or change over to decent acrylics from enamels.

B

Buttonman

Johny Red would be proud, Wish they'd make the falcon to go on the side???

Big bright red Hurricane with a flaming falcon on it's side.

They don't make comics like they used to.

Does anyone else remember???

Martin