Hurry up, boys!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Here is my finished 1/35 diorama showing an Opel Blitz truck earning it's keep loading a Tiger tank with supplies and ammo.

The tank is a Tamiya late steel wheel Tiger 1, the truck is Italeri . The Tamiya tank loading crew kit is terrific, apart from the figures it contains 16 ammo boxes and ammo for 4 types of tank AND 2 scale cats, I kid you not!

The dio. is made up of bits of scrap stuff from my 'shed' and the results of foraging in the bushes!!

I hope you like it and look forward to any comments.

Thanks,

Ron

View attachment 19260

View attachment 19261

View attachment 19262

View attachment 19263

View attachment 19264

View attachment 19265

View attachment 19266

Opel Blitz truck 027.jpg

Opel Blitz truck 024.jpg

Opel Blitz truck 029.jpg

Opel Blitz truck 030.jpg

Opel Blitz truck 036.jpg

Opel Blitz truck 032.jpg

Opel Blitz truck 049.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Crikey Ron, i love it. Form what i can see, there's not a thing out of place it look's just right. Keep it up matey, how you gettin' on with the static grass?

John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thank you for the words of encouragement John. After seeing your Tiger 2's 'Calm before the storm' it is praise indeed.

I am sorry for not replying to your message, no excuses,I forgot! Thanks for the info.

Me being me, I am experimenting with various materials to try and get grass, no luck yet. So I suspect it will be 'citidel here I come!'

Satnav is very quiet with his diorama, isn't he? He must be very busy on it or his wife has got the dining table back!!!!!!!!!!

Ron

T

tigertc

\ said:
Here is my finished 1/35 diorama showing an Opel Blitz truck earning it's keep loading a Tiger tank with supplies and ammo.The tank is a Tamiya late steel wheel Tiger 1, the truck is Italeri . The Tamiya tank loading crew kit is terrific, apart from the figures it contains 16 ammo boxes and ammo for 4 types of tank AND 2 scale cats, I kid you not!

The dio. is made up of bits of scrap stuff from my 'shed' and the results of foraging in the bushes!!

Thanks,

Ron
Fantastic diarama! You can just imagine the rumbling sounds of group of Shermans heading in their direction...."Schnel, Schnel!"

Well done.

P

Plastickitbasher

Out standing peace of work, you should be well chuffed

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Here is my finished 1/35 diorama showing an Opel Blitz truck earning it's keep loading a Tiger tank with supplies and ammo.The tank is a Tamiya late steel wheel Tiger 1, the truck is Italeri . The Tamiya tank loading crew kit is terrific, apart from the figures it contains 16 ammo boxes and ammo for 4 types of tank AND 2 scale cats, I kid you not!

Thanks,

Ron
Love the work, fantastic job. Well done

Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
fantastic job ,spanner,absolutely brilliant! Pic 2 is genius ,the sunlight makes it look real life,liking the b+w one at the end too, i was thinking about doing that on a dio im planning of a plane with a kubelwagen but youve beat me to it! Congrats mate, outstanding! Cheers tony p.s. where are the cats?!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
The wonderful response to this diorama is quite humbling, thank you Tony.

I must confess I tried really hard composing the shots and am very pleased with the results.

In answer to your question "Where are the cats?" One is on the tank hull behind the loader, the other is off on the tiles somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for the kind words.

Look forward to seeing your 1st foray into the world of armour.

Thanks,

Ron

S

Satnav313

Hi ron looks great the reason for me not cracking on with my dio is because of painting. The compressor gave up so im waiting to get a new one, although I will post a couple of pics of my barbed wire and camo net during this week.

All the best,

Tom

G

Gladiator111

That's a great looking diorama spanner. You've got a talent there! Wish I could acheive this level of model making... well done chap!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
The wonderful response to this diorama is quite humbling, thank you Tony.I must confess I tried really hard composing the shots and am very pleased with the results.

In answer to your question "Where are the cats?" One is on the tank hull behind the loader, the other is off on the tiles somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for the kind words.

Look forward to seeing your 1st foray into the world of armour.

Thanks,

Ron
Yes! spotted it ,black and white at the side of the turret,nice one ron.By the way is it a mauser?(mouser, get it? i know , ...rubbish joke) . The halftrack arrived today but the painting instructions are terrible,the only thing ive got to go on is the colour pic on the box,so ill be asking a few questions soon regarding german colours. cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Yes! spotted it ,black and white at the side of the turret,nice one ron.By the way is it a mauser?(mouser, get it? i know , ...rubbish joke) . The halftrack arrived today but the painting instructions are terrible,the only thing ive got to go on is the colour pic on the box,so ill be asking a few questions soon regarding german colours. cheers tony
There are no doubt loads of sites for colour info Tony, but for starters try achtung panzer.com. This is a good source of info for vehicle colours.

But keep in mind the arguement over what colours were used is eternal.

In 1942/43 the Germans were using captured British paint then the Brits nicked theirs!

In the latter days of WW2 the Germans were using anything they could lay their hands on. Most German vehicles at this time were painted a base dk. grey.....Bet someone thinks different, such is the colour debate.

Hope this is of some help.

P.S. S**T joke lol!!!!!!!:lame:

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
There are no doubt loads of sites for colour info Tony, but for starters try achtung panzer.com. This is a good source of info for vehicle colours.But keep in mind the arguement over what colours were used is eternal.

In 1942/43 the Germans were using captured British paint then the Brits nicked theirs!

In the latter days of WW2 the Germans were using anything they could lay their hands on. Most German vehicles at this time were painted a base dk. grey.....Bet someone thinks different, such is the colour debate.

Hope this is of some help.

P.S. S**T joke lol!!!!!!!:lame:

Ron
cheers ron, thats a relief hearing about the colours not being set in stone.On the aircraft side of things some luftwaffe experten can get a bit stroppy if the exact shades arent used,no problem for me as i do a lot of russian stuff,and they used to use anything to paint their planes(tractor paint being a good example!)so no two planes were exactly the same.So it looks like being a generic khaki for the vehicle,with dark grey showing through on the worn bits.As for the figures ill definitely have to research them as the uniforms WERE always the same colour eh? thanks for the advice tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
cheers ron, thats a relief hearing about the colours not being set in stone.On the aircraft side of things some luftwaffe experten can get a bit stroppy if the exact shades arent used,no problem for me as i do a lot of russian stuff,and they used to use anything to paint their planes(tractor paint being a good example!)so no two planes were exactly the same.So it looks like being a generic khaki for the vehicle,with dark grey showing through on the worn bits.As for the figures ill definitely have to research them as the uniforms WERE always the same colour eh? thanks for the advice tony
Most German vehicles were painted dk.grey during the early and latter days of WW2, but 'in the middle' the top colour was dk. yellow with various camo. paints issued depending on the combat theatre AND then each unit played about with paints!!

The uniforms were what was called 'field grey' but again some units had camo tops.......It's a real pandoras box!!!!!

Play safe and do what I do..Get the colours near enough then in with the dust, rust and dirt. You can get away with murder!

Ron