I just ordered this ................ Vanship.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi All,

Not having had time to build much of anything for a while.............. The "need" took over yesterday.........and I just ordered this Hasegawa 1/72 .kit ........... Sci-Fi isn't something I have ever done before. But I like the unusual ......... It's from a Japanese Manga (Cartoon) series "Last Exile" ........ It should be here in a week or so......... I'll let you all know how I get on with it.

View attachment 95967

View attachment 95968

vanship-1.jpg

vanship-2.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Long tome no see Peter, hope everything is okay with you? That is a very unusual looking craft, well no not really it is Japanese, should make into a nice build though.

Si:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that looks interesting,will be keen to see how it looks, ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Long tome no see Peter, hope everything is okay with you? That is a very unusual looking craft, well no not really it is Japanese, should make into a nice build though.se

Si:smiling3:
Hi Si,

Everything's fine here ................ Just been busy, work moving house and no time............... I'm looking forward to bashing some plastic again.

Cheers

Peter

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Interesting and good to see you again.

Ian M

P

Polux

Ha! I have been looking for that one sometime ago, but I never have bought it :smiling3:

I will follow your thread with interest!!

Welcome back ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Thanks all for the welcome back................ I'm looking forward to building this one.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
That is sweeet!! :D

Cool beans! I've spotted this on my frequent scouting missions on the web, will love to see this in progress!! :smiling3:

First Name
Mike
That's a really nice kit, I have it in my stash. Sort of a cross between steampunk and anime, I fancy doing the heavily weathered/damaged version myself.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice one peter , I remember a few years back my son picked up a dvd from somewhere and it was the first episode of this . I recall being fascinated at the time and even considered doing something in plastic , I was thinking a JU 52 with the wings and engines sawn off would be a good starting point!! , Looking forward to seeing this one take shape, cheers tony

N

noble

this looks extremely interesting.... I've never seen this before, I will be watching in anticipation.

scott

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
now this looks extremely interesting!....cant wait to see how it goes together

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Researching this a bit I reckon there is a lot of scope for some artistic licence ........... I'm thinking maybe Gunmetal gloss on the body with the rear quarter in wood planking "Chitty Bangbang Style"........ I'll have to see when it turns up. At 1/72 scale it isn't going to be that big and with all those curve on the rear end it might be a tall order .............. I might even cut the engine cover and have it open and scractbuild an engine with some pipework in there ........... Lot's of ideas for this one........But I am looking forward to it.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
The kit turned up today .......... I just need to finish the Bradley AFV for the group build then I'll crack into it.

Peter