I think we're going to need a new fence...

B

beav1013

Hey guys. I had been working on this one for a couple months. The kid's been keeping me pretty busy (just turned 10 months).

The kit is Dragon's Sd.Kfz.7/1 2cm Flakvierling 38 w/Armor cab. This was my first Dragon kit, and I was very impressed with the kit's detail. There was a misprint on the box and the pictures online that I saw. The doors on the cab didn't open in the supplied parts. I sent an email to Dragon and they sent me free of charge a whole new sprue from the actual kit that has opening doors. That was pretty cool.

I made the kit with the engine walls and hood, cab roof, and gun platform removable. I painted with Tamiya acrylics and testors enamels. I tried different series of enamel and oil washes and dot filtering and then finished with a chalk pastel wash.

I made the tree and base with celluclay. The tree was a bit of an adventure. The trunk is celluclay but the branches are twisted wire with woodland scenics foliage attached with Hob-E-Tac. The grass is woodland scenics static grass flock. I made the fence with some small pieces of wood from a local craft store and broke them as best i could to try and make it look like the truck smashed it. The figures are mostly airbrushed, with the details brush painted with enamels, then some different washes on them.

Hope you like.

View attachment 55530

View attachment 55531

View attachment 55532

View attachment 55533

View attachment 55534

View attachment 55535

View attachment 55536

View attachment 55537

View attachment 55538

View attachment 55539

View attachment 55540

View attachment 55541

View attachment 55542

View attachment 55543

View attachment 55544

View attachment 55545

View attachment 55546

View attachment 55547

View attachment 55548

View attachment 55549

View attachment 55550

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

A

AVB99

If envy wasn't a sin I'd be envious of your amazing skills.

Superb.

Well done.

Sinner Aidan

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi jim , glad to see youve still found time to do some fantastic modelling , even though i reckon young Zoey might be keeping you otherwise occupied!! Its a brilliant dio, the scratchbuilt tree and scenery is amazing, and the old folks are superbly painted. Let us in on the back story though , where are the flakvierlings crew!? Have they scarpered when they saw the old guy coming with his shovel !!? 5 star build , cheers tony

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
superb quality........it looks amazing buddy in every aspect :no1:you've got the big FIVE from me

B

beav1013

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the compliments. I tried to get a crew for the gun but they weren't sold as a stand alone so i opted for 2 farmers from my spares. I had bought them a while ago for something else and didn't end up using them.

I was thinking that the crew was either ambushed or had to use the bathroom so they abandoned the truck. I contemplated trying to do some blood stains inside the cabin but thought better of it. The detail of the figures I thought was really good. The man's face really came out good.

Thanks again.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Jim. Never underestimate the wrath of an old man with a spade....

Very well put together and painted.

Ian M

T

tecdes

Nice one Jim. I only do aircraft so I just do not know how you blokes produce such detailed stuff. Just incredible.

By the way the old chap reminds me of the Detective Captain in the Monk Detective series.

Laurie

B

beav1013

thanks for the remarks fellas. I haven't seen Monk in a while, Laurie. I'll have to look that up.

P

phalinmegob

stunning model jim , well done, pretty sure i have this kit in my stash, hope i can do as well as you have with it.

B

beav1013

thanks andrew. looking back, i wish i had left one of the doors closed for some variance. o well. but i would suggest leaving the cabin roof removable so you can see inside.

good luck.

F

Fenlander

How refreshing to see an armour type subject that has subtle and realistic weathering. So many are so battered, rusty and weathered vehicles, I would be surprised if they would still run!!! The figures are a delight, very nicely done.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great to see you posting again Jim. this is a really nice build.....Not a soldier in sight, which is a refreshing change.

Mind you, with those pair coming at you, one with a shovel and the woman loaded with a basket of rotten eggs, I don't blame the 'Dastardly Hun' for running away!

Ron

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats cracking Jim, a beautiful dio, love the colour variations on the road.

Top building, 5 stars.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

Wow Jim this really looks great,amazing detail on the faces too. Thanks for taking the time to post them up for us to see. I know how busy a 10 month old can keep you ,its inspiring that you got the time in to do such a stunning piece at all! Very nicely done Sir and a truly well deserved 5 stars!

B

beav1013

thanks tony and trey. i was able to put the pics up today during zoey's 2.5 hour nap. that was pretty sweet!

P

Polux

Fantastic diorama Jim!! All the color is great! And love your figures!

Well deserved 5 stars mate!

Cheers

Polux