Ian M's finished 1920 Rolls Royce Armoured car.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
What can I say? An interesting kit with a good bit of detail, on the out side. 'orrible rubber tyres, that will one day (quite soon) dissolve in on them self, (Even now if the model has stood the same place for more than a couple of days, you can feel that they are sticking to what ever they stand on..... ) these will be swapped out for some resin ones.

A nice kit to build and I thing a good one for the car builders to get so much more out of than I have.

Nuff waffle pictures:

View attachment 60719 View attachment 60720 View attachment 60721 View attachment 60722

The build thread is here: http://www.scale-models.co.uk/jan-mar-2013-gb-non-tracked-amour/17996-ian-ms-1920-rolls-royce-armoured-car.html

Comments welcome.

Ian M

View attachment 62328

View attachment 62329

View attachment 62330

View attachment 62331

IMAG0942.jpg

IMAG0943.jpg

IMAG0944.jpg

IMAG0945.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mobear

i love this rolls and the paintwork and weathering make it look really good,5*s from me Ian

mobear

J

Jim Scott

Very nice Ian..really good job in every aspect 5 stars all the way..Jim

First Name
Andy
Hi Ian,

I have just been reading up on the build thread and now seeing it finished, it looks great, a big 5***** from me Sir...:welldone:

With the base, you could also have it next to the Nile after a patrol...:thumbs-up:

May I ask, does the bonnet have to be down or is there an option for it to be propped open...

Thank you...

Andy...

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
you've done a superb job on this build..the biggest 5 i can find in my bag

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks chaps.

Andy, the top part is one piece but the sides are separate. I guess a scalpel would soon have it sorted. I thought about it and chickened out when I was a photo of the real motor in one of these. A thing of beauty. Rolls Royce at its best. copper, brass, polished steel. and as much plumbing as wireing!! Pass.

I will have a think about the base later and post any result if and when.

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Yet another ***** build Ian.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
5 star job Ian , i just love the look of this beast! The weathering is perfect , nice rust marked rivets, and the faded paint job looks spot on. Its hard to imagine how much this must have weighed , it certainly looks like a battleship with wheels and probably wasnt far off the weight too!!! (it also makes me think of the 'Wacky Races' !!!LOL!!) brilliant build mate , cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Superb looking Ian,really love the weathering! The rust and dust effects are very scale and quite convincing,pictured against a period backdrop it would look like the real deal for sure! Very nicely done Sir and a well deserved 5 stars from me,cheers Trey

P

Polux

Excellent build, great Job on this one Ian!

Five stars from me to!

Cheers. Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm missing so much good stuff at the minute, and this is no exception....One very nice model Ian. Super weathering and wear and tear!

Big 5* for sure.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for the comments they are well received.

Might have to start thinking of a base for this soon.

Ian M