Ian M's Mk.IIc. Italeri 1/48

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think I just used the full IP decal last time. It will never be seen so not really an issue for me.
I got some decals arrive yesterday for the Sea Hurricane. Might just be another build on the way after this one. Might.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
If you do decide to do the Sea Hurricane, and need some seatbelts,I have a 1/48 etch set you can have Ian. I'm putting a pilot in mine,so won't be using them :thumb2:.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
About time for an update!
My cunning plan was an epic fail. Mask the frames paint the windows with liquid mask. remove tape, paint frames. Simples.
Except the liquid mask came off with the tape :tears-of-joy:

Moving swiftly along:
Got the office chair sorted and stuck in the cage.
View attachment 506105
View attachment 506106
I can inform you that between sticking the floor - seat part into the cage, one of the lap harness straps has gone AWOL. Had a good look for it. not found it. Yet.
I got the fuselage shut
View attachment 506107
And the engine fitted! I will let this cure fully befor Attacking the seams.
I also got a few more bits ready to prime.
View attachment 506108
The main landing gear is also going to cure up fully. It is only dry fitted to the well, so I can take it out to paint.
View attachment 506109

Enjoying this build but I think the last Italeri Hurricane I did there was a lot less clean up of parts! Must be a Monday (or Friday), kit.

Right now far to much direct in your face sun at the bench.

Comments welcome
Ian
" lap harness straps has gone AWOL"
Check hair and other orifices, if no hair then look for little glints of sparkle....
As for the build - it is really coming along and looking forward to more.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
If you do decide to do the Sea Hurricane, and need some seatbelts,I have a 1/48 etch set you can have Ian. I'm putting a pilot in mine,so won't be using them :thumb2:.
That's one disappointment with the kit I'm building - decal seat belts! Given how much detail they've put in to everything else I decided to order some better ones.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A most generous offer Andy, but I have ordered some.

Reactions: JR

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Todays episode is brung to you thanks to the Danish met office. (lying bar....skits)

I got the big stuff glued up yesterday:
20240410_112339.jpg
20240410_112433.jpg
Filler! bit of a gap at the wing root. Filled that with Sprue, engine cowl by the cock pit had a bit of a step... Been a while since I build a wingy thing!
20240410_112349.jpg
Also a fluster cuck at the front of the left (port if you rather) leading root needed a bit of filler to. Ignore the one by the drain hole, not addressed that yet!
It might have been a while since my last aircraft but this one has more filler than the last five or six COMBINED!
Bits on sticks:
20240410_112327.jpg
All primed, some painted. The legs and wheels got some Aluminium, the manifolds my top secret mix of bronze and black.
20240410_112314.jpg
I think the prop has turned out OK.
20240410_112301.jpg

Not a lot to do while the filler hardens.

Catch you later and as always comments are welcome.

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So today I got the filler sanded more or less good and painted the tyres on the wheels.
Painted a new exhaust as no one noticed that the photo above has two different types.:smiling5: One's a fish tail, the other a round pipe. Don't be to hard on yourselves I didn't notice until today. :flushed:

Got the Fuselage primed and for some odd reason glued all the knock off's in place.
20240411_140745.jpg20240411_140759.jpg20240411_140817.jpg
More tomorrow.
Cheers.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Nice work as others have said nice cannons looks like you should finish before me

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right then I thought I would just throw a bit of Azur blue on the undersides and let that cure for a day or so while I get on with something else.
20240412_104400.jpg
Its a bit "blue" at the moment, still wet, I found it dulls down a bit as it dries.
I cleaned the Airbrush and all that then discovered that I have forgotten the U/C doors and the tail wheel holder. Doh! (thanks Mike cant get that out my head again gerrr. (Oh! doughnuts).
No I don't know why I painted the U/C bay first either. (think I forgot to mask it off lol. So that's a redo.)
Now off to fight with a fence..

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That’s looking great Ian. Good luck with the fence

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wet AND windy. Who'd have guessed it!
After a minor explosion in a masking tape factory, I got some colour on the topside. So a bit of time for that to cure then camo time...
20240416_113100.jpg
Hurricanes are a pain in that you cant put the canopy on until after you have painted... I guess you could paint the bit at the rear of the cock-pit first, where's the fun in that though?