ICM 1/35 Tiger II

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
This is my latest completed build. It was the other half of ICM's Battle of Berlin set from which I built the T34/85 for Lee's Russian tank group build earlier in the year.

I replaced the ICM rubber band tracks with Takom individual links but other than that, it's straight out of the box. I painted it as a Battle of the Bulge machine and for the main camo colours used MRP paints. This was my first go with these and for me they certainly live up to their reputation. Overall a relatively straightforward build and the sheer size of the thing must have been quite staggering when encountered on the battlefield.

Here are the pics......

20221128_130256.jpg

20221128_130106.jpg

20221128_130024.jpg

20221128_125912.jpg

20221128_125955.jpg

20221128_130123.jpg

20221128_130303.jpg

Nick

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Beautiful finish Nick!!! Those MRP paints do shoot smooth too. Did the decals come with the kit? 332 was in the Ardennes and got whacked. A Tiger II with the same number reappeared in 1945, in Czech where it was sabotaged by the crew and abandoned. It got grabbed by the Rooskies...BTW, how did you like the Takom tracks???...

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Beautiful finish Nick!!! Those MRP paints do shoot smooth too. Did the decals come with the kit? 332 was in the Ardennes and got whacked. A Tiger II with the same number reappeared in 1945, in Czech where it was sabotaged by the crew and abandoned. It got grabbed by the Rooskies...BTW, how did you like the Takom tracks???...

Prost
Allen
That's interesting Allen. Yes they are the kit decals. The tracks were ok. A bit of clean up required and plenty of spares in the box. I had to adjust the rear idlers bit and they fitted ok. Not sure if Takom provide a jig in their Tiger 2 kits to help with setting then up. I have one of their Panthers in the stash and that kit has a jig.

Nick

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The Committee thought this was very good Nick and have awarded you

2020DB.jpg

Congratulations.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A very nice, clean finish. Well done!
John.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim

Prost
Allen
Surely every Tiger II battalion would have had a tank numbered 332 at initial formation Allen? It’s just the tactical designation for third company, third platoon, second tank isn’t it?

Great model, by the way, Nick. Paintwork is exceptional.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I suppose it depends on whether you’re looking at the style (and colours) of the number. I’m guessing Allen is referring to the tank with this particular style of tactical number? But if you’re building a generic model rather than a specific vehicle from photos, anything goes within reason, IMHO.

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
The Committee thought this was very good Nick and have awarded you

View attachment 468072

Congratulations.

John - honoured to receive the coveted award, thanks!

That's a great finish Nick
very nice indeed ..
A very nice, clean finish. Well done!
John.
Surely every Tiger II battalion would have had a tank numbered 332 at initial formation Allen? It’s just the tactical designation for third company, third platoon, second tank isn’t it?

Great model, by the way, Nick. Paintwork is exceptional.

Guys, thank you all very much.

Nick.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
True Tim, but the tank Battalions used different colors for their numbers. You would definitely see 2 with the same number, just in different colors...

I also need to clarify my post to Nick. I had a brain fart and mixed up turret # 332 with turret # 334. 334 of the SS Pz. Abt. 501, was hit in Belgium, then recovered, repaired and sent to Hungry where it was destroyed by its crew due to the lack of recovery vehicles...Sorry about that...

Prost
Allen