ICM 1/72 Polykarpov I-16 Type 24

W

wbk666

A big job with a little kit

ICM's 1/72 I-16 type 24

Quite detailed for a little kit, i've even had my first go at a pilots harness made from masking tape

Trouble is when the fuselage is put together you can't really so any of it so this has led me to another first.

Cutting out a panel on a kit. Hopefully this will help reveal a little of the cockpit.

M

mobear

nice little dumpy plane lol,and a good job on the harnesses

mobear

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great choice wayne! nice work on the pit too -and whats that box i spy in the background !? cheers tony .

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice, very nice, great start Wayne.

Tony.

W

wbk666

\ said:
Great choice wayne! nice work on the pit too -and whats that box i spy in the background !? cheers tony .
Ah the old bomerang? i keep old boxes like that one and use them the store current builds then i dont lose any bits, the icm box is an end opening box and a bit big and bulky for my already cluttered desk lol

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Wayne. Tony thought his Aussie squadron was growing?

W

wbk666

a bit more work done

this little engine comes in 12 separate parts, i right headache for someone with my failing eyesight

next the rest of the fuselage is put together, wing joints are the hard work and need their fair share of putty. Also masked the engine and cockpit ready for priming

Wheel bays masked with bluetack

Tony, the boomerang is standing guard ;)

W

wbk666

I dont want to show too much of the "Rata" yet but tonight i did a little work on the pilot who will be standing by watching a mechanic at work ;)

W

wbk666

Finally got it finished

I hope you think it was worth the wait

Capt. B Safonov of the northern fleet air force watches on as an engineer works on his plane.

K

Kressy13

Great work on such a small scale. Your little touches have made it one of a kind. Congrats mate.