ICM's New 1/16 Roman Centurion

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

After all that I've decided I'm not going to carry on with this.

I attempted the head:

100_6472.JPG

I had trouble when building the helmet, finding that the two halves wouldn't match up, and having to do a lot of filling and sanding in an effort to get a smooth finish. I failed in that, as evidenced by the terrible paint-job, which emphasised all the lumps and bumps. I also found that the detail on the cheek-guards was not as clean as it looked on the sprue, which meant that there were a lot of wavering lines when they were painted. Such would be the case with a lot of areas on the rest of the figure, particularly the leather and fringing.

I did feel when putting the whole thing together initially that getting a clean paint job might be difficult, and on reflection, and after painting the head, I've decided that I just wouldn't enjoy the struggle.

Sorry folks.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

I saw a You Tube, which had the figure, fully painted and looking so "Action Man" with solid blocked colours.

Shame it hasn't lived up to its hoped for potential, into the box for redistribution?

We are waiting for the snow arriving, its only 2 C, very windy, with heavy cloud cover, so it would seem to be just a matter of time?
We shall watch the Lion, Witch & Wardrobe when it starts snowing, a real treat, for snow effects and Mr Tumnus, and a drink too if its PM

Whats next on the list,other than house work ready for Katherine's return?

Have a good day either way

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

To be honest the thing was all a bit weedy. The detailing was too delicate and a bit apologetic and the complicated construction in some areas really compromised the sculpt. I've decided on some Tamiya therapy and have dug out one of their 1/16 figures to work on.

Very windy here, but no snow predicted. There should be a lull to enable Katherine to land at Heathrow tomorrow. Have been cleaning and tidying the house, though it's not the sort of thing she'd notice - she's untidier that the three kids and dog put together.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter been lookin at your figure modelin an is it poss for you to put up full size pics as for me on this windows 10 even if I hit the blow up button your figures are still cut off an I think all the work you have put into these figures building an paintin they deserve to be seen properly as for me im not into figures building as my intrest is elsewhere but I still like lookin at what you guys do
chris