Ilyushin IL-28 Beagle.

M

msm2

Started this last night a Tamiya 1/100 IL-28 Beagle. It is a simple kit to build but it is some practice to me. Yesterday built the fuselage and engines up and filled the gaps. Tonight gave it a primer coat of matt black before I applying the Bare-metal silver top coat.

View attachment 19227

All advise and comments appreciated.

Tony..

View attachment 26640

100_5673.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi tony, this looks brilliant, im going to have to get myself a few of these tamiya 1/100 cheapies . Cant wait to see it in the silver, come on the russians!! cheers tony

M

msm2

Hope to have it in silver tonight all going well. Picked another one up this afternoon so its duo now..

Tony..

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very nice, it's not an aircraft I'm familiar with, but looks an interesting subject. Great work.

Regards

Colin M.........

M

msm2

Thankyou Colin and Tony for your words. Placed an order for the 1:72 scale one from Trumpeter,I hope to pick it up later next week.

Tony..

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looking good so far Tony.

Did you get the idea for your pilot from Terminator 2?

Gern

F

Fenlander

Don't know why but I have been missing this. Looking good Tony

M

msm2

Cheers Guys. Need to get some thinner masking tape to finish nose cone off.

Tony..

P

phalinmegob

i am currently building one of these in airfix 1:72,having trouble masking the nose cone,will post up some pics when done,but yours looks good

M

msm2

Having the same problem with the nose cone. Off to the shop to get some narrow mask tape. May have to do a bit at a time. Great to see someone else building a IL-28. Got a Trumpeter 1/72 scale in the stash with a H-5 Ha Chinese version.

Tony..

S

sprayman

An interesting bird this Tony,new one on me, still your doing a top job and I will be interested on how she ends up.

M

msm2

A few days I hope and it will be finished.Most of the decals are on.Nose cose needs painting and top canopy needs a touch up.Post pics later.

Tony..

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nearly there tony, and looks great, im definitely going to have to get some of these tamiya 1/100 kits they look like great fun , good luck with the masking , keep the pics coming , cheers tony