I'm Robert not "Rober"

Robert E Shedd

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi Everyone,
I finally said goodbye to Facebook and unfortunately all the model kit builder forums I used to follow along with it... .
Looking for somewhere to lay my hat and "scale models" seems to be the best place to follow all things model kit related and to marvel at (be jealous of) other builder's completed models!
I'll browse around for a while then consider posting some of my own work for you all to gasp in awe at... .
I'm past the 50 year old mark and moving rapidly away from 1.72 scale due to eyesight and fumbling fingers. 1.48 scale is the way to go.
I primarily do aircraft and the odd military vehicle or spaceship. I don't do cars or ships; a view reinforced by a recent Revell Titanic build I've just done which is "ok" but not to my preferred standard. Never mind...!
My model "bench" is a tray, chopping board and a seat at the dining room table. I brush paint all my models, have an aversion to photo etch and will never say "calling this one done" when finishing a project!
P.s My name is Robert not "Rober". Missed it before pressing submit...

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Welcome Robert you picked the best model forum as I been here 12 years I wouldn't be anywhere else

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Welcome again Robert:hugging-face:
I completely agree with your move to 1/48,I made the same decision myself when I started doing aircraft,(I'm predominantly a 1/35 armour builder),1/72 is just too tiny for me!!:nerd:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Welcome Robert,
yup 1/48 is the way to go! Shipley? As a kid I remember going to Shipley Glen & having Fish & Chips at the original Harry Ramsden's ( early 60s ). My mother came from Oakenshaw, just south of Bradford & when visiting grandparents it was a popular coach trip..........
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Robert from me to Welcome to a great forum as ive been on here foe 5 yrs an enjoyed it with the exsellence members on here hope you also enjoy it on here
chrisb

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Robert, and a warm welcome. Great to have another plain...er I mean plane guy amongst us. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble