Imperial Gallery 120mm Falklands Gurkha

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Blooming heck Peter,A real cracker i see before my mince pies,Really looks great and base really Tussocky for Falklands.
Mightily impressed.
Rich.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great progress and certainly a well based figure, he looks like he is ready to engage the enemy.

I guess the straw on the rifle is for disguise, I doubt its insulation quality, but I'm no expert?

The day has started well with a red sunrise and a warm one ahead.

I really do need to find that illusive Mojo!

6 more days of isolation for the patient.

Have a good day with the paints before it gets too hot.

Regards

Steve H

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Another masterclass Peter! That DPM is absolutely spot on. Love the base too, that tussock grass (known as babies' heads in the Army) gives me flashbacks to Sennybridge training area. A truly horrific place - don't ever go there! :tears-of-joy:

D

Deleted member 6559

Lee - Thank you.

Steve - At least you can get into the garden in this warm weather - hope Anna's getting there.

I figured our man is a young British Lieutenant of the 1/7 Gurkhas gazing up at Mount William 14 June 1982. He's looking a bit apprehensive. Nearly done now.

Alex - Glad the DPM works for you, and pleased that the grass has also worked for the veterans out there. Don't worry, I've no intention of going near any training areas!

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Sublime Peter,Really looks dogs doodahs,I didnt realise it had kidney pouches with poncho roll on top.I believe Imperial Gallery have called it a day producing stuff.
Next!!!!?.
Rich.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Many thanks.

Richard - Glad you like him. Yes, the Imperial Gallery website has been 'closed for maintenance' for some time now. A real shame. Next, probably a couple of Alpine figures to keep my hand in at this scale.

Neil - Thanks also.

Jim- And thanks to you.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another cracker for the cabinet, and more 1:16 to follow, super.

Its another hot day in paradise today too!

At least some fresher weather, but high winds over the weekend!

Is this due to a massive reduction in global Air pollution?

One does wonder!

Enjoy the new figure and the hotter weather if possible

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

I did really enjoy this one. The DPM was a challenge, but at least there wasn't too much of it. I'm not sure if I will do the Alpines next; perhaps a bust instead....

Not a particular fan of hot weather myself, but it has been good to get some sunshine and top up the vitamin D. One thing I have noticed is the absolutely massive mosquitoes that seem to be around this year, little b****rs!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Late to the party again I'm afraid Peter. Soz.

Glad you enjoyed this one. He certainly is padded out nicely. Wonderful work all round and a big hoorah to Richard as well :thumb2: :cool: