In Space no one can hear you scream!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice, think you have nailed the colour and the drool is a nice touch. Top work, have a biscuit.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate it :smiling3:

\ said:
Very nice, think you have nailed the colour and the drool is a nice touch. Top work, have a biscuit.
Si:smiling3:
I saw this done about 30 years ago when the first Alien models came out , it was in a model shop in Birmingham and I asked the bloke how it was done , it's uhu glue gently stretched out :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers guys I appreciate it :smiling3:
I saw this done about 30 years ago when the first Alien models came out , it was in a model shop in Birmingham and I asked the bloke how it was done , it's uhu glue gently stretched out :smiling3:
Yep, that is what I use for cobwebs, although I used clear resin when I did laddos Alien. Good effect though and the pose is killer!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Yep, that is what I use for cobwebs, although I used clear resin when I did laddos Alien. Good effect though and the pose is killer!
The pose is actually different to the one on the box , it should be crawling but this is the only way I could get the legs to fit properly but I like this as it looks like it's just jumped down from a ceiling and I think the pose has more of an edge and action to it :smiling3:

I'm going to get another of these but one standing up :smiling3:

First Name
john
Love everything about it Alan the model the base and the drool.Be nice if you put something next to it so we could have a point of reference to see how big it is cheers John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
awesome,lov it Alan,looks real good in the pose your done, :D

and your so quite at them,some think is wrong with me i potter about lol,

nice base as well,did that come with it ? ;)

do lov the drool,looks so good, :smiling3:

may i ask which colors you used,and i just cannot work them out,

First Name
Dave
Great looking Xenomorph Alan.I love the films and still watch them now and again.I think 'Aliens' is my favourite, although 'Resurection' is pretty good as well.If you want some more dribble I can send you some of my grandsons if you like?!.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Cracking job Alan.......... Really superb, and the dribbling is a really good touch.

Peter

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks I m glad you like it

\ said:
Love everything about it Alan the model the base and the drool.Be nice if you put something next to it so we could have a point of reference to see how big it is cheers John
here you go mate View attachment 103328

\ said:
awesome,lov it Alan,looks real good in the pose your done, :D
and your so quite at them,some think is wrong with me i potter about lol,

nice base as well,did that come with it ? ;)

do lov the drool,looks so good, :smiling3:

may i ask which colors you used,and i just cannot work them out,
the base I made moni , piece of MDF then I put a good coat of filler on it then I used that moald I have for clifs and just laid it flat then added some bits of fine ballast and some cork chips then it was painted in different Browns :smiling3:

Paints for the model were , base coat , Revell anthracite grey , then a dry brush of humbrol gun metal , then I dry brushed some Wintons burnt umber oil paint to get a blend , the teeth and claws are Revell steel :smiling3:

\ said:
Great looking Xenomorph Alan.I love the films and still watch them now and again.I think 'Aliens' is my favourite, although 'Resurection' is pretty good as well.If you want some more dribble I can send you some of my grandsons if you like?!.
I prefer Alien then a joint second with Aliens and Alien 3 the directors version :smiling3:

image.jpg

First Name
john
\ said:
Cheers folks I m glad you like it
here you go mate View attachment 113498

the base I made moni , piece of MDF then I put a good coat of filler on it then I used that moald I have for clifs and just laid it flat then added some bits of fine ballast and some cork chips then it was painted in different Browns :smiling3:

Paints for the model were , base coat , Revell anthracite grey , then a dry brush of humbrol gun metal , then I dry brushed some Wintons burnt umber oil paint to get a blend , the teeth and claws are Revell steel :smiling3:

I prefer Alien then a joint second with Aliens and Alien 3 the directors version :smiling3:
Wow bigger than I thought and more impressive. did you get this from the same supplier as judge dredd Alan as they seem to be nicely detailed and I would be tempted myself in getting something from there that you or Monica haven't already done if there's anything left :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Alan,it worked real well i do like the color of him,and for 3 colors an awesome result, ;)

i do real like the rock,cliff face works well, :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Wow bigger than I thought and more impressive. did you get this from the same supplier as judge dredd Alan as they seem to be nicely detailed and I would be tempted myself in getting something from there that you or Monica haven't already done if there's anything left :smiling3:
Yeah it's a nice size and yes it is from the same bloke I'm limiting my self to two a month so I'm sure there's plenty left to choose from :D