individual track links, what glue to use

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi all starting my very first individual tack links for my dragon Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf. C

I do remember, to have making tape,double sided tape,a straight edge ,:rolleyes:

but must of important what glue do i use plz, :confused:

any help ,advice most welcome and appreciate :D

oh boo i did do a search for it ,and showed nil reboot, and tryed again after this posting, and found Patrick's one ;)

Im sorry :oops:

D

dubster72

Hi Monica,

You can use any normal styrene glue - in my post I used Tamiya extra thin cement, but previously I've used Revell Contacta cement like this one :

View attachment 81296

Its thin enough to get in the cracks. I wouldn't recommend using glue from a tube as its too thick - also any CA glue is definitely out, it will harden too quickly!

Cheers

Patrick

RVL39608new.jpg

T

tommy1drop

Hi Monica I`ve always used Humbrol`s glue, I find it easy to work with so therefore that`s why I personally like it, it all depends on your own personal choice;)

No doubt the guys on here will point you in the right direction;) and you will find a glue that suits your purpose:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Patrick,and Tommy thank you for the help i feel silly oh boo to dodgy PC,s :confused: , well i do have both Tamiya extra thin cement, and the Revell Contacta cement,o_O

so thats ,that half sorted, which ever i do use , I was thinking put some in a lid and just ,use a cocktail stick to put it on with so i dont over use it :rolleyes:

as the last 2 days the Revell has been a bit strange and taking along time to set, maybe because its at the end off the bottle ? :oops:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi all have a bit off a problem with my track links, on how to make ? :confused:

it shows that the high point off the link go,s down and the road pad on top,

but how do i stop it from rocking backwards/forwards, and side to side ? :oops:

any help greatly appreciated

the pic should show what i mean

View attachment 81550

20140429_082503.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: