Info on Fine Detailing Diesel Locos

S

Sandy Adamson

Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum, in fact this is my first post. I am looking for information on fine detailing diesel locos including where I can get advice and the locations of UK stockists of detailing kits,etc.

Thanks,

Sandy

G

Geoff Cropper

Hi Sandy, and welcome. I've just read your thread, I get all my diesel stuff from Howes of Oxford, they stock just about everything for detailing Locos, Wagons, Coaches etc. Look them up on Google. regards Geoff.

R

RM4U

\ said:
Hi Folks,I am new to this forum, in fact this is my first post. I am looking for information on fine detailing diesel locos including where I can get advice and the locations of UK stockists of detailing kits,etc.

Thanks,

Sandy
Hi Sandy,

Welcome to the Forum.

May I suggest that you buy a book called "Detailing & Modifying Ready-To-Run Locomotives in OO Gauge" by George Dent (Model Maker and Author for Model Rail Magzine).

The book contails all sorts of information and has a list of suppliers at the back along with a list of suggested books for more information.

I subcrible to Hornby Magazine (which is not just about Hornby) and Model Rail Magazine. Both of which are very good magazines of the subject of maodel railwayways in all gauges and types, such as steam, diesel, electric, etc.

Book ISBN: 978-1-84797-093-0 @ £18.99 Which can be purchased from www.Airbrushes.com.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Leslie.

RailwayModels4U

Last edited: