Information please .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning from Race Towers, sunny here with 1/2 inch of snow, how we will cope is anyone's guess ☺:hungry:
At the moment I have sprayed the SU with acrylics, done a little painting of chips. Then I sprayed a satin acrylic varnish, with that dried I did an oil pinwash and a little rust one . My question is do I now apply another acrylic varnish coat before doing a water based winter camo .?
You'rs slightly confused of Stamford .

First Name
colin
That's how I would do it John I apply a coat of acrylic varnish between each layer.

Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
“My question is do I now apply another acrylic varnish coat before doing a water based winter camo .?”

Morning John,
I’m with Colin....A coat of varnish between each layer :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks all ,
Jim now that's :flushed::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3: an idea !
Right now armed with this agreement I shall get up ! And get on .
Excuse to stay in bed reading while the oilwash dried seemed good enough for me , not sure Management were in complete agreement ! .
More later then .
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
As the guys have said JR. Pleased to hear you are having a go with oils. Good luck with the whitewash Si's set the bar pretty high with his Jagpanther. Good luck mate :thumb2::cool:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As the guys have said JR. Pleased to hear you are having a go with oils. Good luck with the whitewash Si's set the bar pretty high with his Jagpanther. Good luck mate :thumb2::cool:
Morning buddy, posts crossed , yes he has . Yesterday at one point the rush wash didn't seem to want to run, came out in bits, maybe more shaking required, not used it for over a year !
John .

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Morning buddy, posts crossed , yes he has . Yesterday at one point the rush wash didn't seem to want to run, came out in bits, maybe more shaking required, not used it for over a year !

Try warming it gently with the blow lamp!!!
Bound to end in disaster Mr R !! :flushed:

Matron - more pills please :fearful:

Paul.
:smiling2: