Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks great Peter.
The Dogs_0.jpg THE DOGS 2 MOD.png
Congratulations.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Small and perfectly formed!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very nice Peter.......Sometimes "Big" things come in small packages. I miss whoever it was that used to do these in an Altoids tin......can't remember his name. :thinking:

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Peter, this is cool, in a smol way...
Like Andy Belseys little WW1 pieces, amazing what can be done on 30mm x 30mm?
I have played with 1/144 DML cando armour PzJgr IV 'loshung' with Revells Landing craft accessories ie mate Greyhound and GMC CCKW on a 50 x 50mm base..... Battle of the Bulge, using US wargaming figs, and some N gauge civvies
Kudos build, be chuffed
Nick

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Was it Andy Belsey I was thinking about doing the Mini scenes in the Altoids tins?.....speaking of Andy, any body heard from him?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely scene Peter. Those GHQ jobs are really good for their size and your base shows them off perfectly.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Was it Andy Belsey I was thinking about doing the Mini scenes in the Altoids tins?.....speaking of Andy, any body heard from him?
Didn’t he cut back on his social media output so left the forum?

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
I still chat to Andy Belsey,
We met at a show 4yrs ago, he had a 1/32 -54mm boxed diorama of a WW1 British Trench dugout ..... first of a series he did.
Moons ago on a forum far far away, he made 1/285th scratched British WW1 Artilley pieces....including one for his Great grandfather.... he also made a 1/285th trench dio/landscape based on a postion 1917. I may be wrong but i think he had a book if his pieces published.
Nick

First Name
Andrew
Sorry I’ve been quiet but I’m still here and pop in now and then. I’ve been having a break from military modelling recently doing sculptures but will come back to it at some stage.
Andy

First Name
Andrew
Kelly McFaddon does the scenes in tins not me but I have done a lot of WW2 dioramas in this scale. I did post them on this forum and you can find them on my website. ( Google ‘Andy Belsey‘)

Im enjoying watching what Peter does with the GHQ stuff too. These mini dioramas are fun!

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Guys

Andy Belsey was the inspiration for my work - perhaps I will be as good as he is one day, with lots more work!

Like Andy these are on 5cm x 5cm bases but I am thinking of trying either 6cm x 6cm or 7cm x 7cm bases, especially since i am planning some bridge-building vehicles.

These GHQ products are really well detailed, I have quite a collection, which unlike other scales do not take up much room - my stash can fit in a small box! I have also bought a few from another company Baccus6mm.com, the scale is slightly different to GHQ, 1/300 rather than 1/285. They came in the post on Wednesday so i'll post something in the 'latest acquisitions' thread tomorrow.

Peter

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry I’ve been quiet but I’m still here and pop in now and then. I’ve been having a break from military modelling recently doing sculptures but will come back to it at some stage.
Andy
Speak of the Devil and he shall appear!.........Hi Andy , long time no see! Hope you are back for awhile.....you have been missed, clothes pins and all! ;)