Is this Sci-fi or what?!!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evening Chaps,
Well,I guess this is a bit presumptuous,as I've not even received this yet!! ?!! ...
,... However,the great God of a certain Rain Forest,assures me that it'll be with me Monday morning :smiling3:
As a real divert from my normal stuff I'm gonna have a crack at this....
61f86Ozv8IL._AC_SY679_.jpg
It won't look like this when I'm done... I'm going for a "SS / Nazi officer "type Robo Garb :smiling3:
As I said,I haven't even got it yet, but I'm looking forward to it already... anyone who like to pop in will be very welcomed of course!! :smiling3:
Until it arrives and I unbox it.....

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
well I've seen it all now!! ;)
Nah, not really Andrew!!
.... I've always liked the Star Wars type stuff,(though not particularly the "recent" films), but these things and the "Walkers" have kept my attention :smiling3:
This kit will allow me to blend both my liking if the At's and fascination of the SS Uniforms.... as a kinda "What if". ;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Is that the Bandai kit? If so, you'll be well pleased with the quality.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I'm In..
I built this a fair while back an really enjoyed the ease at which it almost falls together, a couple of points though,
Don't get too hung up on the 'interior cabin paintwork, you can see next to nothing when it's all assembled,
And be 'gentle' if you use enamel washes, Bandai plastic seems to crumble especially around parts that are under pressure..(leg joints parts), when exposed to too much enamel thinner...(don't leave it to 'pool up').. other than that enjoy it dude..

Scouty Walky Jobbie

Last edited:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I also built this a while ago, in German WW2 camo. As mentioned, be careful of enamel products on this kit.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'm In..
I built this a fair while back an really enjoyed the ease at which it almost falls together, a couple of points though,
Don't get too hung up on the 'interior cabin paintwork, you can see next to nothing when it's all assembled,
And be 'gentle' if you use enamel washes, Bandai plastic seems to crumble especially around parts that are under pressure..(leg joints parts), when exposed to too much enamel thinner...(don't leave it to 'pool up').. other than that enjoy it dude..

Scouty Walky Jobbie

I saw Phil Flory's build where he used enamel. The plastic literally crumbled in his fingers but full marks to him, he got it back together and finished.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Question Re: crumbling plastic, is that the case with ALL Bandai kits or just this one in particular. I have the 1/72 X-wing fighter in line for the Movie GB and I never shoot anything but enamel paint through my A/B.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I've only ever heard of the issue with the AT-ST, but I guess it could effect other kits. Best bet is to test on a bit of sprue first.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Totally agree with Bob, a quick test now can save you shed loads of heartache when you've put your heart and soul into a build,

(I'm sure I never had any probs with my AT-ST or my X-Wing, but I wouldn't risk it)