Issue 92-Internal rigging.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Issue 92 contains a roll of fluffy poor quality thick thread which is supposed to be used for the internal rigging wires of the fuselage,this was immediately relegated to the spares box and deemed unsuitable for use on this model.

There must be a better product to use for this application,so I am going to hold fire on this for the time being and take a look in my local fishing shop to see what I can come up with that will look neater and more realistic than plain thread.

I will not do this job in one go anyway preferring to do a bit now and then over a period of time.

Next week at last some centre section struts,well one actually and its respective upper bracket,it looks as if they intend using 10 ba size bolts or the metric equivalent to fix these struts ? it is so flustrating having to wait to get two sets of struts when we could be getting on with the assembly of this model,the silly thread could have waited virtually until the end of the build.

T

Teddy

Hi, I agree totally with your assessment of the quality of the string. For me it will be used in future for tying up parcels or in the greenhouse. ( I'm glad I started rigging mine about 5 weeks ago. I half guessed what we'd end up with from Hachette.) About the same standard as the covering material - not quite as good as Tesco clingfilm. I've used Solartex fabric of which I'm totally happy, having used it many times in the past. TED

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Well Ted,at least Solartex has the resemblance of fabric weave and tightens up properly,I would be interested to know what you are using for the internal rigging wires,thank you.