Italeri 1/35 scale Staghound

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Here we have six months of bench time, i started this built the hull then stopped. I was fed up with the fit of parts until i found out it was me at fault, using super glue is ok until you need to reposition said parts. So it's been sat there for six months looking at me. With me working on the Subaru for the GB and that is going to be a clean build i needed to do something mucky, the idea was to build something from Miniart. As soon as i did though i forgot about the scooby and this Staghound took it's place.

I'm glad i didn't put it in the bin six months ago because it turned out great, it has some very nice photo-etched stuff to provide some useful smaller parts and a lovely turned metal gun barrel. Surface detail is crisp and moulding quality is very good, but if you are going to get this kit then use super glue on the PE parts only lol. Ron, you are going to love this one mate. All painted with the brush, just wanted to do a "back to basics" model and loved every minute of it. I took extra time on the figure because i needed the practise for the upcoming Sniper GB. Right i'll shut up and get back to the scooby.

Have fun, John

View attachment 32373View attachment 32374View attachment 32375View attachment 32376View attachment 32377View attachment 32378View attachment 32379View attachment 32380View attachment 32381View attachment 32382View attachment 32383

View attachment 37258

View attachment 37259

View attachment 37260

View attachment 37261

View attachment 37262

View attachment 37263

View attachment 37264

View attachment 37265

View attachment 37266

View attachment 37267

View attachment 37268

DSCF6892.jpg

DSCF6896.jpg

DSCF6897.jpg

DSCF6898.jpg

DSCF6899.jpg

DSCF6900.jpg

DSCF6901.jpg

DSCF6902.jpg

DSCF6903.jpg

DSCF6904.jpg

DSCF6905.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Nice work John real nice from the ground up a feast for the eyes the weathering is spot on you can't beat a wheeled afv and you say this is a bronko Kit will have to take a look at Them.

time well spent on the figure John he's top showing all the creases and shadow on his clothes it's a belter John

John

Last edited by a moderator:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi John

Really nice Staghound, looks terrific as does the setting. I've got the Bronco kit I just hope mine turns out as well as yours.

It just goes to show that slight mishaps can be made not only good but into great pieces. Thankfully you kept the faith! Well done mate.

All the best

Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That has indeed turned out very nicely. Good one John!

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one John.You might of had your doubts but I bet you are chuffed with the results. I would be! Ian M

T

tommy1drop

Hi John

Lovely work mate, the weathering is spot on and the end result is fantastic.

Tom

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Smack on job John! Brush painted too, even better.

I will send you a 'brush 'and only' membership form a.s.a.p.. Please enclose your 6 mnths. membership fee of £250.00 (cash only in used notes) with the form.

In return, you will receive, a 10 minute D.V.D. of me doing amazing things with a size 6 pure sable brush + a Pound Shop voucher for...yes you guessed it, £1.00.

Welcome to the club.

Cheers,

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks everyone this is another one thats made it down downstairs, now sat there with the Tiger 1 i built a few weeks back. So if it's impressed the wife then i know i've done good lol.

Now then Ron the membership fee, is that 100% deposit and nothing to pay for 12 months mate? I think it'll be worth it to see what you do with the pure sable brush hehehe.

Have fun, John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks Ian, i built the Miniart base and couldn't find anything to go on it lol. Thought i'd give the Staghound a second chance, glad i did.

Have fun, John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
6 Stars from me. Love the grass...
Thanks Tony mate, i got the grass from Wargames Emporium. £4.10 Battlefields "Tuft", didn't even need to glue as it's already sticky. Going to get some more next week lol.

Have fun, John

L

lemoff

I hate so see pics like those.... I just don't have the patience/skill/imagination to do something that nice. Good work :D

N

noble

Hi John this is a really nice piece beautifully built and weathered love the figure excellent .

scott

P

Polux

Hi John,I love it! Really nice! And the figure is...ufff!! Fantastic!!

For me isn't a five one (sorry) better six one!

Polux

R

Richy C

Lovey job John , ground work and wall looks fantastic , a big 5 stars from me mate.

Richy