Italeri 135 commando car

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
this is a cheep italeri kit and in places it shows but with a few additions can look like a good kit

I built most of this kit about a year ago and it sat on the shelf and with me doing my North Africa dio I decided to finish it and paint it but it was for the European theatre so I had to make a water condenser for the front grill, I just cut a piece of the bottom of a telegraph pole and put some leftover pe straps on it to make it look a bit more like a condenser

To make it look the part I added some jerrycans from the dragon kit and added a Lewis gun after doing some research I did see a few of these on other desert vehicles although found no evidence they were put on jeeps but added it anyway to give it a different look

After building the dragon kit and going to far with the weathering than I wanted to go I decided to do this one a bit softer

I didn't put the glass in over the lights as I think these would have got broken quite frequently when on operations View attachment 114074

View attachment 114075

View attachment 114076

View attachment 114077

View attachment 114078

View attachment 114079

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
very nice, gotone of these in the stash i keep thinking about doing

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
\ said:
After building the dragon kit and going to far with the weathering than I wanted to go I decided to do this one a bit softer
I definitely think that is "mission accomplished"!! :smiling3:

Nicely done! :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I definitely think that is "mission accomplished"!! :smiling3:
Nicely done! :smiling3:
Cheers Gavin I appreciate that :smiling3: , I wanted the one to be similar as I feel that in its current state it wouldn't be doing any raiding missions and would have been used to just ferry supplies around :smiling3:

D

dougie

Not a great build, a fantastic one, I love it. Looks awesome, maybe a touch of chipping on the edges of the bonnet?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Not a great build, a fantastic one, I love it. Looks awesome, maybe a touch of chipping on the edges of the bonnet?
Thanks for the nice comment dougie I appreciate it, yeah you could be right there I think I'll give a little bit of chipping thanks for the input :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I think I'll give a little bit of chipping thanks for the input :smiling3:
Just use a pencil Al, and go along the edges just gives it that dull but worn look.

D

dougie

\ said:
It's a jeep... And also it looks hungry... If you saw that careering towards you you would think it was going to bite your head off... Then you would get shot to sh!* haha

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Just use a pencil Al, and go along the edges just gives it that dull but worn look.
Another good idea , I think too many people have had light bulbs for breakfast this morning :D

N

noble

Nice work, I also converted mine into an sas jeep. Great work nice colour.

Scott

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
For a cheap Jeep, you've made it look ace, thumbs up mate

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate it :smiling3:

I think I got this for £10 and it goes together better than the £30 dragon kit , makes you think doesn't it

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great job on this one Alan,do like the tone and colors of it,

very well done, ;)