Italeri staghound mk 1

B

backonthecase

Long time no see guys, hope you all had a good break off for some food and drink.

Over the holidays I've smashed together this nice little thing complete with in box pe details.

This was mainly built as a test bed for mud weathering. It looks a bit much but I've learned some things for next time

Here's a couple of photos

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn168/stitch_83/Scale%20Models/C19B2F84-0E93-4A7A-9430-1868DB8AE9AE_zpsj8szs8dz.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn168/stitch_83/Scale%20Models/D257AE7B-E637-4F76-B1DA-CE294F6FDEF4_zps3loiityz.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn168/stitch_83/Scale%20Models/0EF42745-4835-48D9-8068-E1C91C80EB8A_zps9iujovw2.jpg

Stuart

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G

GruntZone360

Looks like you did a great job on them! I would use a different Image sharer, like Imgur or upload them to this site.

T

tommy1drop

Lovely build and finish Stuart, nice work on the weathering, are you planning to place it on a dio scene or as a static display?

B

backonthecase

Thanks guys, grunt I thought I had copied the embed link from photo bucket but will sort it next time!

Tommy, I just built it coz I had it but I think I will make a little vignette base for it, just need some inspiration and maybe a crew

Thanks

Stuart

B

backonthecase

Ah there we go, just copied the wrong version of the link off pb

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Lovely job Stuart, great weathering.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Richard
Nice job Stuart,

as they said;)

Cheers Richi

B

backonthecase

Thanks very much guys, i initially thought it may have been too much but seems you guys like it so I'm glad to hear it :smiling3:

J

John Rixon

Very impressive weathering, and a fascinating subject. Nice one!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice Stuart,like the color and the weathering ;)

B

backonthecase

Thanking you all :smiling3: I have a spitfire and an PaK 40 nearly done so will post pics soon

N

noble

This is very nicely done indeed the paint and weathering is spot on.

scott

D

dubster72

Good to see you back Stuart! That's an impressive build - the mud effects work really well & the base paint looks nicely shaded.

Cheers

Patrick

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top build Stuart , the mud looks perfect to me . Superb little touches like the leaky wheel hub and the fuel tank spillage really mark this out as a truly great build, cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Agree with everything that has been said regarding the finish and weathering. Super work Stuart, a nice return and start to the year :smiling3:

B

backonthecase

A few familiar names clocking in here, good to see after such a long break (again) promise I'll stay longer this time haha!

I've put a couple of (crummy) pics up in the artillery section with the PaK 40 for anyone who's interested

T

tommy1drop

Excellent work Stuart, the weathering on this kit is superb.