Iwata cleaning

slupanter

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alexander
Hi there

I use screen wash and airbrush cleaner to clean my brushes but worry im not cleaning them well enought. I worry most about the section between the pointed end of the nozzle and the cup. Is there a better way?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I got a set of cleaning brushes from ebay, these are only £1.49 and will help clean the bit between the cup and nozzle, you also might want to look at some super lube a good way to keep your needle from drying and splitting, and if your feeling really flush get a sonic cleaner, I don't use mine after every use but do like to use it now and again it comes out like new, either Aldi or Lidl was doing them cheap if not try Maplins

S

snapper41

I got a sonic cleaner from Maplins for £15; works like a charm on my Iwata

slupanter

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alexander
\ said:
I got a set of cleaning brushes from ebay, these are only £1.49 and will help clean the bit between the cup and nozzle, you also might want to look at some super lube a good way to keep your needle from drying and splitting, and if your feeling really flush get a sonic cleaner, I don't use mine after every use but do like to use it now and again it comes out like new, either Aldi or Lidl was doing them cheap if not try Maplins
Where should I put superlube on the airbrush?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Where should I put superlube on the airbrush?
Just put a little blob on the needle and work it up and down with your fingers. Remember to get some on the part of the needle that passes through the seal behind the paint cup as well as the forward part.

I too use a sonic cleaner at the end of a project. Other than that I use my cleaning solution of choice (Muc-Off) unless I have a problem. A flush with celullose thinners will shift just about anything but it isn't nice stuff. I use the one that comes in the grey tin from Halfords.

Cheers

Steve

M

m1ks

Interdental brushes, (in packets from your local chemist or supermarket) will do to clean the emulsion tube, as with anything of this nature, be careful of scratching internal parts with the wire portion.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
\ said:
I got a sonic cleaner from Maplins for £15; works like a charm on my Iwata
Hi there snapper41 have looked on the Maplin site and the cheapest one is Ultra 7000 Ultrasonic Cleaner Ultra 7000 Ultrasonic Cleaner : Ultrasonic Cleaners : Maplin this one retails at £24.99 is this the one you bought?

Vaughan