Iwata hp-tr2

P

Paul1978

I'm thinking of getting a new airbrush for my birthday - in September, the Iwata hp-tr2. Interestingly enough it comes with a pistol trigger.

I currently have a badger 100 dual action which does the job but am looking to upgrade. Does anyone have any experience with Iwata? What about any experience with the pistol trigger?

I became rather fascinated in this because i saw a Japanese guy using one and the quality looked amazing.

Cheers

Paul

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I like my Iwata CR so would recommend Iwata to anyone, but I've also heard Harder & Steenbeck make some really good airbrushes and might be worth a look.

M

m1ks

With a trigger would that not be a single action brush?

Like the avatar John, just recently finished building the Gromit plane as decoration for my wee boys room.

R

RM4U

Iwata Revolution TR2

Hi,

The Iwata Range is one of the best airbrushes made and professionals use them world wide. I use/demonstrate with 7 Iwata airbrushes, which include:-

CMC+

Kustom TH

HP-CH x 2

Rev-TR2 with conversion parts to convert to either a TR1 or TR0

Ecl-CS

Rev-CR

I you are considering the TR2 (0.5mm Nozzle/Needle) may I suggest that you go for a TR1 (0.3mm Nozzle/Needle) if you intend at any point in the future to convert the TR you purchase to either a smaller setup.

90% of my customers prefer the Trigger which is very easy to learn to use. I recommend the Iwata Range, but beware of grey imports, that look like the genuine Iwata Airbrush.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Leslie.

RailwayModels4U

M

mjm34

\ said:
With a trigger would that not be a single action brush?Like the avatar John, just recently finished building the Gromit plane as decoration for my wee boys room.
It is a dual action airbrush in that first pressure on the trigger releases the air as in pressing the trigger on a conventional airbrush and further pressure gradually releases the paint as in pulling back the trigger on a normal dual action airbrush.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
This might help I phoned the air brush company about but one of these pistol grips and the bloke I spoke to said they are for people who have a problem with the standard trigger it doesn't add to the finish of the airbrush..

Having already got a revolution never look back I took the mans revive and brought one of the' eclipse' range and it was the best buy at £135 it a bit pricey but well worth it have a look on the web site "the airbrush company" they've got the lot